PDA

View Full Version : Updated iPhone/iPad app is out!

RussM
09/11/2012, 11:08 AM
v2.2 is now available in the App Store.

I don't see any obvious differences so far on iPhone or iPad; the updated app might just include bug fixes and other tweaks.

gbreynol
09/11/2012, 12:05 PM
Seems snappier.......and no more hanging before it shows the controllers.

rps3
09/11/2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the great news! I'll have to update my iPad today so I can get the app on it. I'm so lazy.

RussM
09/11/2012, 12:51 PM
Seems snappier.......and no more hanging before it shows the controllers.I thought that too, but was afraid it was just my imagination. :)

BrklynArch
09/11/2012, 01:19 PM
The description says they reworked the whole app...but it looks the same
it did seem a little quicker to load i didnt get a chance to really play around with it before i left the house for work tho

rsuplido
09/12/2012, 03:12 PM
iOS 6 GM (Golden Master) is now out for developers. Hope to see Apex support for the longer IPhone 5 screen! ;)

Wall_Tank
09/23/2012, 04:33 PM
v2.2 is now available in the App Store.

I don't see any obvious differences so far on iPhone or iPad; the updated app might just include bug fixes and other tweaks.

Never knew that graphs showed on all of the probes. I was just helping a friend set his up, and saw the graphs. I had to delete and then re-add the controller for it to work.

That got me thinking, how does this app work without knowing the admin password to the apex?

RussM
09/23/2012, 05:15 PM
That got me thinking, how does this app work without knowing the admin password to the apex?if you have the Open XML access option enabled, the app can pull status and log data without authenticating. It can't change anything though until you enter the admin credentials.

Wall_Tank
09/23/2012, 05:24 PM
if you have the Open XML access option enabled, the app can pull status and log data without authenticating. It can't change anything though until you enter the admin credentials.

I don't have XML open. I just thought it was odd that I deleted the controller, and it never prompted for a password. I even edited an outlet.

The password must be cached separately.

bazineta
09/23/2012, 07:13 PM
Userids and passwords in iOS apps (those that make it past Apple's scrutiny more than once, anyway) are typically stored in the system keychain, which is secure, rather than in application-specific storage, which isn't.

Clubbinaz
09/24/2012, 01:41 PM
lol, I went looking for the new app, but my phone automatically updated it to the newest one. I didn't even notice...