PDA

View Full Version : Email alarm flapping

jrpark22000
09/12/2012, 12:19 PM
SME's of the Netpune forum...

Not sure if anyone else has coded anything similar or seen this result. I only see the email flapping problem for this one configuration which I only have built once for my ATO.

The scenario;
ATO Float on BreakoutBox
ATOCall virtual outlet triggered by the ATO float
ATOLong virtual outlet triggers if ATOCall has been on for an extended period
Email outlet triggers if ATOLong is triggered.

The results;
When ATOLong is triggered, the Email outlet flaps constantly. I get an email in my inbox roughly every 1-2 minutes until ATOLong is restored to a non-trigger status. Also the Apex is almost inaccessible via http as the response time it very slow. It may take 5 minutes to login and load the status screen. If I try accessing the Apex and close the HTTP before it finishes loading the Apex can reboot. If I change the ATO float to a non-trigger the system restores to a normal condition and a reboot is not required. If I am very patient I can access the APEX and turn the ATOlong to non-trigger status and the system also restores to a normal condition without a reboot. If I leave the apex alone and let the email flap continue the system does otherwise act normally processing programmed functions and does not reboot. I have left this flapping contiune for up to 12 hours with no other recorded problems.

It may be a limitation due to the multiple stringed virtual outlets. Has anyone else has seen a problem, or does anyone have a similar code?

This problem is reproduced every time this scenario is encountered.

jrpark22000
09/12/2012, 12:31 PM
or, is there anything in telnet I can do to check, verify or remedy this better than hoping I can get http to work?

Today I will end up with 300+ email until I can get home and fill my ATO.

rbirling
09/12/2012, 12:42 PM
YOu could set the email outlet to Manual Off until you get the rest of it straightened out, if you just want to get rid of all the spurious emails till you get home.

Then you may want to post your program for those outlets to see if someone can see something wrong with it.

L8ndeb
09/12/2012, 12:45 PM
You could go into "Apex Network Setup" window and change your "re-email delay" to a larger number to cut down on repetitive emails.

jrpark22000
09/12/2012, 01:02 PM
YOu could set the email outlet to Manual Off until you get the rest of it straightened out, if you just want to get rid of all the spurious emails till you get home.

I do similar if the http session cooperates. I set the ATOCall to manual off. While the event is active I cannot get the http session to respond to outlet changes without many, many attempts and even then it is not always successful.

You could go into "Apex Network Setup" window and change your "re-email delay" to a larger number to cut down on repetitive emails.

My re-email delay is already at 60 minutes. The issue is the email outlet state changes in each 1-2 minute window. Each time it clears and sets as if it is a new event, and not as a re-email event.

phuzzykins
09/12/2012, 03:16 PM
I have a similar configuration, and I don't see the problem you're describing.

First, I have a virtual outlet called SumpLow that's just a switch input:

Set OFF
If Switch2 CLOSED Then ON

Next, a debounced outlet to turn on a top off pump, called TopOff:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Outlet SumpLow = ON Then ON
If Outlet SumpHigh = ON Then OFF
If Outlet WaterOnFloor = ON Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ON

Then I have one called TopOffEmpty that's turned on if SumpLow has been ON for too long:

Set OFF
If Outlet SumpLow = ON Then ON
Defer 060:00 Then ON

Finally, my email alarm:

Set OFF
If Outlet WaterOnFloor = ON Then ON
If Outlet TopOffEmpty = ON Then ON
If pH2 < 06.30 Then ON
If pH2 > 07.00 Then ON
If pH < 07.60 Then ON
If pH > 08.50 Then ON
If Temp > 82.0 Then ON
If Temp < 77.0 Then ON
If Power Apex Off 005 Then ON
If Power EB8_3 Off 005 Then ON
If Power EB8_5 Off 005 Then ON
Defer 010:00 Then ON

jrpark22000
09/12/2012, 03:24 PM
I have a similar configuration, and I don't see the problem you're describing.

Great, thank you for the confirmation. I'll search to see if there is a gremlin hiding in my coding. Will post back with what I find.

I’m running the latest software but have had the issue for the last few releases, so I don’t expect software release to be the cause.

swearint
09/12/2012, 04:32 PM
+1 on posting the code. Based on the symptoms it sounds like you might have a circular reference where outlet A depends on outlet B that depends on outlet A.

Todd

jrpark22000
09/14/2012, 12:31 PM
Cheers, found the loop in my code. I had not played out the defer statements and they had caused a 3 outlet loop. It’ll be a few days before the ATO gets low to test, but I’m confident it was the issue.

Thanks all for the help.