PDA

View Full Version : Stability What A Difference!

Boa1277
09/14/2012, 06:00 PM
After reading multiple threads regarding how important it is to keep your 3 main levels stable Alk, Ca, Mg, I have finally been able to tune my Calcium reactor to maintain a stable water table for the last 3mo. I can say that in the last 2mo I have seen more growth, and better colors than in the previous 9mo altogether. Prior to creating a stable environment I was dosing on a weekly basis and yeah I was seeing some growth, and I wasn't losing anything but I had no idea how fast things would change once I dialed it all in. I have a 100 gallon and a 40 gallon sharing the same sump so I am probably looking at about 150 gallons total with the sump factored in. I am running mostly SPS with some decent chalices, and a few fish!

Neptune_Fan
09/14/2012, 06:04 PM
Congrats

bnumair
09/14/2012, 10:57 PM
i know the feeling been there done that and yes its such a comfort when u can dial in ur reactor perfectly and now all u got to do is water changes. congrats.

Stolireef
09/15/2012, 11:44 AM
Congrats on the stability. Just be careful about getting too complacent. I love my reactor but if Mr. Murphy pays you a visit, things can go south pretty quickly. (eg. your CO2 gets stuck in the on position). I've had stable parameters for months at a time and you start thinking, "I don't have to test Alk this month". That is when you run into trouble.

Hodge1995
09/15/2012, 02:19 PM
Congrats, I am on this path now.