PDA

View Full Version : Manado Cured Live Rock

shred5
09/16/2012, 10:30 AM
Any idea when it will be in?

Jeremy B.
09/18/2012, 07:05 AM
We have Manado in stock now, and will have some cured available to ship out on Wednesday. This batch looks great, as usual! :)

gambitcobra
11/10/2012, 02:45 PM
I see your sold out, ETA when it will be available again?

shred5
11/12/2012, 08:31 AM
I ended up buying some. The batch I got was nothing like in the pics or is it like the Marshall Island rock, so you may want to ask first. Mine was more like Tonga branch rock. Maybe some batches are different.

I am not as much of a fan of the Tonga branch but love Marshall Island rock. I know there are allot of people that like Tonga branch. That is just personal preference.

That said this rock really had no bad hitchhikers which is good. It comes really gray in color almost looks like no life at all... But after a few weeks it gets really colorful, actually some of the most colorful rock I have gotten. You wont get allot of macros either I got only some halimeda which I like.

If you like tonga branch you probably wont find better rock than this. I was slightly disappointed because I wanted something closer to Marshall island rock. Maybe it comes in both ways so ask. It is still high quality rock for what we get nowadays.

I also heard now they will be shipping rock again from the Marshall islands in limited quantity, I hope this is true..

Jeremy B.
11/12/2012, 08:59 AM
There is definitely a variance in the pieces and from batch to batch, some more branchy than others, which is whatit sounds like you received. Let us know when ordering how branchy or non branchy you want it, and that's what we'll pull out.

Our next shipment of Manado is set to arrive in here tomorrow or Wednesday.

shred5
11/12/2012, 09:19 AM
Yea That is what I figured, they probably have several areas they collect from. I got excited when people started comparing it to Marshall Island rock. With the price of rock and shipping it pays to ask..

Like I said though it is high quality and no bad hitchhikers. What amazes me is how gray it comes and how colorful it gets.