PDA

View Full Version : LED problems

Baldguy
09/19/2012, 08:31 PM
Or probably driver problems. One strip of LED's has stopped lighting. I've wiggled the wires on the driver for that strip and that does nothing. When I tap on the driver they come on for a minute or two then go out again. Gotta be the driver, right? Any help is appreciated. TIA

mcgyvr
09/19/2012, 09:07 PM
Probably..pop it open (with it turned off) and look for a cold (cracked) or missing solder joint or something not tight mechanically.

coral_dog
09/20/2012, 07:57 AM
Does it come on for a while if the driver is cold or does it not start up at all? just wondering if it was a heat issue.

Baldguy
09/20/2012, 03:49 PM
It does not start up at all. I'll probably order another driver or two. I need a spare anyway in case one does eventually go out. But it seems it must be the driver. We'll see.

Tankjunkie0481
09/20/2012, 06:59 PM
Look for a loose wire inside the driver. Happened to me a while back with a different project. Wire was buried deep inside the driver and I darn near broke the casing trying to get the board out to fix it.

TeHGuy
09/20/2012, 08:01 PM
relatively fair to say its the driver, but for the heck of it you might as well test the continuity on the strip of LED's too