PDA

View Full Version : Are these known/named zoas?

ReeferKimberly
09/20/2012, 12:17 AM
Just been searching around different sites trying to identify my zoas. So far have candy apple reds, radioactive dragon eye, triple reds, fire and ice, my clementines and a few more named ones.

I can't find the name for two of my favorites (if they are named) but I found a great pic of one of them.

Anyone seen these before? I have about 30 polyps or so.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2003/2/inverts_album/Zoanthusn.sp.1_.jpg/image_preview

I generally don't care about names nor do I EVER pay per polyp. I just have a really good LFS with insane prices.

And another I cant even find a picture for....they have tiny green mouths, a ring of bright red/range and a neon yelloy skirt. Really pretty, my favorites in the tank. Any bells ringing?

And the last. Solid hot orange. Whole thing solid neon hot orange. Very striking.

dc
09/20/2012, 06:21 AM
[moved]...

650-IS350
09/21/2012, 03:26 PM
no pictures

RandysReef
09/22/2012, 08:08 PM
Post pictures please

ReeferKimberly
09/23/2012, 09:58 PM
I have been looking for one of the pics I posted forever, can't seem to find it again...

But here is a pic of the yellow/orange/green ones. I like them a LOT. You can also see the pure orange/red ones. Only have a few polyps of those guys, they are smaller size, and 3 are closed up in this pic. It's almont not even worth mentioning them though, my camera is just horrid. They are to the left of the yellow/red-orage/green ones though.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mau5n377La1rddoc7o1_1280.jpg

organism
09/23/2012, 10:14 PM
I see wham'n watermelons or eagle eyes, and some blurry rock :)

chad p
09/23/2012, 10:19 PM
Man that pic is rough to say the least but I agree with organism that they look like eagle eyes which are some of the most common zoas out there.

Not that that's a bad thing necessarily. I have 2 different morphs of them in my tank. They're cheap but really colorful.

ReeferKimberly
09/23/2012, 10:33 PM
I don't mind if they are common. I paid $5. They could be a toss up...I think I remember him saying something like "they are close to watermelon". But they honestly could be either. I like them for their colors. Like I said, don't care a ton about all the "rare" ones as in a few years, they are no longer rare usually anyways. They are pretty and that's all that matters to me :) Thanks!