PDA

View Full Version : Interesting...

Cbiscuit
09/20/2012, 07:49 PM
Thought i would post something that i find interesting that is happening in my tank or atleast i think it is. I recently had a mystery wrasse that was sick with pop eye i could never seem to cure it and tried all the normal medications. Finally I gave up on helping the fish anymore assuming i was doing more harm than good. Somehow he has managed to survive and both of his eyes are down but he is almost completely blind! Now he has survived for over a month and i do not expect much from his life span but how he is surviving is pretty incredible. Since he cannot see the food floating in the he has taken to picking the food from the suncorals when i feed them. This way he doesnt actually have to hunt for his food he just knows where it is at the same time every night. So without the sun corals he would be dead interesting what goes on in your tank if you watch closely :)!

Lionfish666
09/20/2012, 09:39 PM
Ha. Normally I hate it when the fish steal from the corals, esp. the sun coral, but this little battler has a pretty good excuse.

Cbiscuit
09/23/2012, 08:08 AM
haha Id say its a pretty good one. I would like to train him to eat out of the turkey baster but I am not sure how to do that. Any suggestions? All of the other fish see the turkey baster in the water when I am feeding corals but the wrasse doesnt seem to notice it like he used to. I am afraid if i cant find him a new way to get food he will die