PDA

View Full Version : Ready to take a hammer to this Apex!!!!!

DanaC
09/21/2012, 09:42 PM
Well, I think I got a bad one.
I've had it for a few weeks but just a couple days ago got around to hooking it up.
First off, why the h### are there no instructions with this thing? Finally figured out I had to download the manual from Neptune. Well and good, except the manual assumes that everyone is an IT guy. I have no idea what a lot of it means.
Now the controller itself. Most of the time, pushing any of the buttons has no effect. Occasionally however it does, but you get random crap on the screen like this:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l274/daeuco/xzedthjcytj004_zpsde8d5637.jpg

Sometimes it doubles up on some display items like this:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l274/daeuco/xzedthjcytj005_zps6fd167b1.jpg

So all in all, I've wasted almost a thousand dollars on this POS that won't work, with a total of three energy bar 8's and a breakout box and it has worse instructions than machinery built in China.

None of the keys are marked as to what they are SUPPOSED to do.

I bought the main unit from Dr F&S with an additional EB8, then another EB8 and breakout box later. Unfortunately I assumed it would all work right, like my old Aquacontroller Jr did, and I only have one box for one of the EB8's. I tossed the others in the trash.

Any ideas?

DanaC
09/21/2012, 09:45 PM
I have it connected to my network, and maybe one time in ten it will connect. The rest of the time it just flips you the bird.

RussM
09/21/2012, 09:47 PM
Contact Neptune support. Email is best - be sure to include your phone number. support@neptunesys.com

They will take care of you! But don't delay - they will be headed to MACNA later this coming week.

DanaC
09/21/2012, 10:06 PM
Emailed.

worm5406
09/22/2012, 12:31 AM
I have read here for a while before pulling the trigger.... When I did.. (and I am an IT guy) I was like... WHAT...???...???...

Then... I connected via the web interface... BAM.... I like the ease.

The buttons.... For now ignore them... Only use the web. The little icons can be programmed for 4 different screens and show you the status of a pump or light or what ever... (yeah only you will know what each icon will mean.)

Press down and you will start a feed cycle...

L or R and you will switch between the 4 icon screens. I recommend that you set one up for pumps one for lights and what ever for the other two... This way you can at a glance see that the "white LED are on" (duhh... I am blinded I know they are on) or even that the Vortech L is on and see it switch to the right.

Again.. the web interface helps more than the quick look on the display.

Mine is sitting beside my computer so I can program all the settings and then screw/wire it in place. Very little down time.

RussM
09/22/2012, 07:56 AM
You might also try reloading the firmware. The latest firmware and instructions are on the Neptune web site on the same page you found the manuals.

DanaC
09/22/2012, 09:26 AM
I have read here for a while before pulling the trigger.... When I did.. (and I am an IT guy) I was like... WHAT...???...???...

Then... I connected via the web interface... BAM.... I like the ease.

The buttons.... For now ignore them... Only use the web. The little icons can be programmed for 4 different screens and show you the status of a pump or light or what ever... (yeah only you will know what each icon will mean.)

Press down and you will start a feed cycle...

L or R and you will switch between the 4 icon screens. I recommend that you set one up for pumps one for lights and what ever for the other two... This way you can at a glance see that the "white LED are on" (duhh... I am blinded I know they are on) or even that the Vortech L is on and see it switch to the right.

Again.. the web interface helps more than the quick look on the display.

Mine is sitting beside my computer so I can program all the settings and then screw/wire it in place. Very little down time.

That would be fine, if the web interface was reliable. I can only get it to connect occasionally, and then only briefly.

DanaC
09/22/2012, 09:27 AM
You might also try reloading the firmware. The latest firmware and instructions are on the Neptune web site on the same page you found the manuals.

I'll look into that.

L8ndeb
09/22/2012, 11:55 AM
Have you tried downloading and reading, and reading, and reading the "New User Guide" stickied to the top of the forum thread listings?

DanaC
09/22/2012, 12:12 PM
Yes.
Then I took two aspirin, washed them down with Jack Daniels, and went to bed.

60Cubed
09/22/2012, 09:01 PM
Yes.
Then I took two aspirin, washed them down with Jack Daniels, and went to bed.

I've done that a few times myself. I prefer extra strength Tylenol personally!!!:spin3:

U'll figure it out and when you do....it'll seem simple and easy.

:uzi:But before I smashed it with a hammer....I'd take the AR-15 and use it for target practice! That'll be more fun and u'll sharpen up on ur aim a bit!!!:uzi:

DanaC
09/24/2012, 07:02 PM
Spent some time on the phone today with Paul from Neptune.
He really helped me out. He remotely accessed my computer and got everything straightened out. It was something he had seen before and he knew just how to fix it.
Can't say enough for the quality of Neptune's tech support.
Thanks again Paul!!!

DanaC
09/24/2012, 07:03 PM
:uzi:But before I smashed it with a hammer....I'd take the AR-15 and use it for target practice! That'll be more fun and u'll sharpen up on ur aim a bit!!!:uzi:

Which one?
I'm up to eleven of them now.....:lmao: