PDA

View Full Version : Sicce PSK cool pinwheel upgrade..

swcc
09/22/2012, 09:55 AM
Just thought I'd pass along that Tunze pinwheels work great in sicce pumps...better air draw, finer microbubbles and dead silent... I have a 9420 impeller assembly in my psk 1000 and the difference between the stock impeller is remarkable... best part... the impeller only cost 23 bucks vs a sicce at over 50. The Tunze pinwheels use a better magnet and have a lower delta vs sicce...the delta is the space between the shaft and the bearing the shaft rides in... lower delta = smoother running and more silent operation... great upgrade.

moondoggy4
09/22/2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the tip I have two 9420 pumps great pumps, I was surprised when I bought a new impeller just how cheap it was.

rupatel
09/22/2012, 01:32 PM
Would it work on an since 2500.

A sea K
09/22/2012, 04:21 PM
Would it work on an since 2500.

I would not think so. The newer PSK1000 has a much different impeller than the 2500. I know the pinwheel itself will not interchange but not sure on actual impeller diameter and length as a total swap.

Fishinbob
09/22/2012, 09:44 PM
Just thought I'd pass along that Tunze pinwheels work great in sicce pumps...better air draw, finer microbubbles and dead silent... I have a 9420 impeller assembly in my psk 1000 and the difference between the stock impeller is remarkable... best part... the impeller only cost 23 bucks vs a sicce at over 50. The Tunze pinwheels use a better magnet and have a lower delta vs sicce...the delta is the space between the shaft and the bearing the shaft rides in... lower delta = smoother running and more silent operation... great upgrade.

I have a psk1000 on my reef octopus xs200 would love to try this out! Any
Mods needed? And where did you get it from got a link?

swcc
09/23/2012, 01:06 PM
I got it from LFS which carries the pumps and impellers.. Just google tunze 9420 impeller and I'm sure you can order one on line... it comes as a complete assembly...Pull out old impeller and install new(also change out bearings which it comes with)... FWIW air draw went from about 700lph to 800lph+ with the impeller change...also with the tunze impeller you may need to lower the sump water level(or raise skimmer up) due to the increase in air draw.