PDA

View Full Version : Feeding my wrasse

Cbiscuit
09/23/2012, 08:25 AM
I have had a mystery wrasse for almost a year now. About 2 months ago he came down with popeye. I had a hard time curing him and after several medications and dips we decided to let him be and hopefully heal himself. Well I guess that was the right choice because his eyes went down and he is healthy again. The only problem is that I guess it took too long to heal because now he is blind! I have been struggling to feed him for a while now, I have shot food on the sand near him and sometimes he eats it that way, I also have sun corals that I feed and I believe he has been eating off of them for the past few months. I know I need a routine way of feeding him to keep him healthy in the long term. Any suggestions on how to do this?? I have tried to get him to eat out of the turkey baster but he cant really see it too well because he is blind. I love this fish and would hate to see him starve to death.

reefjunkie42
09/23/2012, 10:52 AM
blind? I dont know how you would be able to know this. I have had many fish develop pop eye from fighting, running into acros and chasing each other.

jgraz
09/23/2012, 11:04 AM
You said he's been feeding off the sand bed and when you feed your sun corals, "for a few months". If this is the case he is not starving to death. He will be just fine.