PDA

View Full Version : yellow prawn goby

Toke23
09/24/2012, 10:02 AM
Just got one of these guys last thursday...got it in the tank and it immediately laid on the sand for mayb 20 mins then disappeared and i havent seen it since. I was just curious if anybody could tell me this is normal or should i b worried he got eaten my one of my anemones.

ReeferYork
09/24/2012, 11:23 AM
I would say normal because my Wheeler's just did the same thing to me. Put him in the tank and he perched on a rock (I figured he was just checking out his new surroundings). He was gone for about 5 days after that. Found his new home under my Zoa rock. He perches on the rock when he is hungry.

My lawnmower blenny occasionally kicks him off to look for algae and he will be gone for a few hours and show back up.

44santababy
09/24/2012, 02:11 PM
if its a yellow stripe prawn goby (i have one adult) you should see it daily soon. They are NOT swimmers, but will stay in one area and claim it. They are a bottom dweller and like to hide to feel safe. Yours is most likely fine, give it time...

Toke23
09/24/2012, 05:31 PM
I figured it was normal for a bottom dweller but just thought id see him by now bit eill keep an eye hopefully he shows up in a day or 2.

horwitzs
09/24/2012, 06:25 PM
He'll turn up eventually. Once he's comfy you'll see him in a regular spot but he'll still hide for a day or two now and then.