PDA

View Full Version : why does my bta do this?

asgrande
09/24/2012, 11:29 AM
Every morning my bta looks like this
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m609/asgrande/IMAG0435_zps640e2917.jpg
Once the lights are on for a Lil while he comes back out and its fine until the lights come on. But why does it die this? I've tried to feed it a silverside and it won't take it. The lights strong enough to grow sps on the same level.and it did this before the clown ever hosted in it

mborn
09/24/2012, 01:22 PM
This is normal BTA behavior. Mine recedes into its hole every night and expands during the day when the lights are on. Are you offering a whole silver side? Cut it up and try feeding small pieces until it develops a stronger feeding response. You could also try small pieces of raw shrimp.

asgrande
09/24/2012, 01:41 PM
Ive only tried whole silversides. It's been in the tank for a few weeks. And the thing is it recedes when the light come on and is fine when they've been on for a couple of hrs and when they are off

mborn
09/24/2012, 02:14 PM
Sounds like it’s still acclimating to your lighting. It’s not uncommon for them to take longer than 3 weeks to adjust to their new tank. New BTA’s commonly seek out shady areas until they get used to things. That’s a good sign it’s coming out and expanding after a couple of hours. And as mentioned before you’ll probably have better success getting it to eat by offering small pieces of food.

asgrande
09/24/2012, 03:20 PM
Ok I didn't know it took that long for them to aclimate. And yea its in a little crevece when it shriveled

asgrande
09/24/2012, 10:02 PM
It ate a good sized piece of krill a little bit earlier. So I believe its just aclimation thanks for the replies.