PDA

View Full Version : Timing of 2 part dosing??

Dolmo5000
09/24/2012, 10:46 PM
Hello, I have been using C-balance for about 4 months and liked the 2 part thing enough to go for the BRS 2 part dosers and bulk dosing materials. Now that I'm dosing hourly as apposed to the 3 times manually I was doing I have a timing question. If I understand correctly, the calcium and alkalinity portions of 2 part will react with each other and should not be dosed at exactly the same time. Is this correct? If so, would it be ok to delay the second dose for 5 minutes? Lastly, I am using an apex controller for the tank and dosers but don't know how to program for the second to delay a few minutes.

Here is what both of the dosers programs look like currently:

Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/002:55/057:05 Then ON

Might someone help with the code for delaying the second one? Thanks in advance to everyone who reads and contributes.

bertoni
09/24/2012, 11:08 PM
Delaying the second dose for a few minutes can be useful when the pump output is going to a small water volume, like a sump. Otherwise, dosing at the same time can be fine. I did that for years when dosing by hand.

I don't know how to program that controller, so I can't help there.

jc-reef
09/24/2012, 11:09 PM
I am interested myself. I am looking to dose 2 part in addition to my limewater to keep up with demand in my tank. I have always read to dose 1 at a time at different times...not sure what the consensus is. I wonder if it would be OK to dose in different parts of tank at same time or a specific time between the 2?

edit: JB just answered my question same time I posted^^^^^

Dolmo5000
09/24/2012, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the info. I think I would like to proceed on the safe side and delay one by a few minutes. My sump is pretty large, but I just want peace of mind. Anyone know how to go about programming the apex to do so? Thanks

JustinBT
09/25/2012, 08:56 AM
You could try posting here for help with the Apex

http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=368

Good luck, just started dosing two part myself and trying to soak up all the info I can

Dolmo5000
09/28/2012, 08:04 AM
Done, thanks JustinBT!!!

a.browning
09/28/2012, 11:15 PM
Here's my alk:

Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/006:20/053:40 Then ON
If pH > 08.45 Then OFF

and calcium:

Fallback OFF
OSC 025:00/006:20/028:40 Then ON

This makes it so my alkalinity doses on the hour, and my calcium doses 25 minutes delayed every hour.

macdreamy
09/28/2012, 11:21 PM
Hello, I have been using C-balance for about 4 months and liked the 2 part thing enough to go for the BRS 2 part dosers and bulk dosing materials. Now that I'm dosing hourly as apposed to the 3 times manually I was doing I have a timing question. If I understand correctly, the calcium and alkalinity portions of 2 part will react with each other and should not be dosed at exactly the same time. Is this correct? If so, would it be ok to delay the second dose for 5 minutes? Lastly, I am using an apex controller for the tank and dosers but don't know how to program for the second to delay a few minutes.

Here is what both of the dosers programs look like currently:

Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/002:55/057:05 Then ON

Might someone help with the code for delaying the second one? Thanks in advance to everyone who reads and contributes.

i was thinking of heading this way to give C balance a shot

is it sufficient to sustain the parameters?

chris88
09/28/2012, 11:45 PM
I use a home made two made and your fine to dose as soon as a minute a part as long as its in a high flow area. Do not dose at the same time *** you will get precipitation.