PDA

View Full Version : Mitras Shipping News

AQD_ottawa
09/25/2012, 08:32 AM
Here is the info I know many of you have been waiting for!

The first wave was scheduled to leave Germany at the end of week 3 September, however due to unpresidented global demand of over 1,000 pre orders going into GHL, this created a slight bottle neck.

I have now received official word that the first North American shipment will leave Germany on or before the 8th october, this will account for over 75% of the shipment, the remainder will follow on after accounting as the second wave.

How this will work is on a first paid first delivered basis.

I hope to have everyones Mitras with them by the end of October.

I can not provide transit times and do not wish to guess as we are dealing with 3 different customs terminals for this.

I thank everyone for their great patience and know the wait will be more than worth it.

Thanks again to everyones kind support.

grizzlyguy
09/25/2012, 08:39 AM
Buf if they are delayed - why I cant find any actual lamps recipients - in Germany, Europe etc...?
If they got 1000 orders - first lamps should be delivered to first customers many days ago - isnt true?
Have you any information/crosslinks to other forums where its possible to read first customers previews?

Gg

AQD_ottawa
09/25/2012, 08:44 AM
Hi

for any info outside of North America we do not have it you will need to post on the GHL support forum www.aquariumcomputer.com to ask these questions.

I do not have or not privy to this info.

Rotknee
09/25/2012, 09:16 AM
I'm surprised to hear this. Given the North American market potential I would have thought greater priority would have been given to customers on this side of the pond.

Guess not.:sad2:

AQD_ottawa
09/25/2012, 03:14 PM
In this case no the USA is not the largest market sector, of course we work on it hard, but Europe leads way ahead in regards to demand and acceptance of high quality devices.

But in this case its first come first served and as it is impossible to place orders as each one comes in and ship individual orders due to the massive cost in shipping that would prevoke, we have to collect a number and then submit on pre orders, so the first wave was put in on the 20th July where in Europe could put orders through as of July 1st.

As alway we do what we can to balance cost with fairness. and a few extra weeks I am sure is far worth the cost saving in bulk shipping.

rodneyri
09/25/2012, 04:35 PM
I thought the USA would be one of the largest too, ours are on the plane right now over to us in AUS and i thought we wouldnt be too large a sectore

AQD_ottawa
09/25/2012, 04:41 PM
Great news yours are on the way, I hope you post a picture when you get it next week, we all will love to see it.

Can you could do an unpacking review?

rodneyri
09/25/2012, 05:14 PM
yup can do that, and im going to take spectrum measurements too will be interesting to see how those turn out

rodneyri
09/27/2012, 08:55 PM
just received news my Mitras have hit our shores and awaiting customs clearance...all things well ill have them wednesday next week :)

fishnerd
09/27/2012, 11:13 PM
Nice, please post pics of your tank too!!! We need updates of your tank.

Bryan

rodneyri
09/29/2012, 12:30 AM
the importer here is such a tease...they just posted some pics :headwally:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/Aquadepot/IMAG0349.jpg

Rotknee
09/29/2012, 10:43 AM
Hopefully you get to pick it up soon. Thanks for sharing the pick. I was really curious about the underside of the fixture. The intake holes for the four fans are practically invisible.

Looking forward to more pics and your review.

Congrats Rodney!:thumbsup:

doggydoc
09/29/2012, 11:51 AM
Sweeeeeeettttttt

rodneyri
10/03/2012, 01:57 AM
check here

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2219645

and a teaser :)
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo21/rodney_ri/016-7.jpg

AQD_ottawa
10/03/2012, 06:00 AM
Can you give tank dimensions please?

BigAl2007
10/03/2012, 06:22 AM
Awesome! As I stated on your thread you have a BEAUTIFUL tank! Can't wait to see it "Glowing" with the MITRAS glow!!

rodneyri
10/03/2012, 08:24 AM
That photo is cropped so your only seeing 1/3 of my tank. Tank is 60" x 30" x 20" tall

MSHUR
10/03/2012, 12:15 PM
looking good man:) I know you had Illumina ,how you compare this two products.
have you play with software yet?

AuS MaDDoG
10/03/2012, 09:45 PM
Good Luck with your shipping from Ghl.

I ordered 3 x Mitras and paid for them in full as part of the pre order for first shipment back in June and I am still waiting!! I have been a user of many other Ghl products for several years now, but this is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. From what I am hearing Ghl could not supply the pre orders in full. So good luck!! and I hope I have an answer sooner rather than later either from the Australian distributor or my local fish shop supplier as too when I am likely to see my so called Pre Order !!

Thanks
Tony.

doggydoc
10/04/2012, 05:33 AM
I hear you Tony
I believe we over here across the pond are dealing with the same issues.
We are in the dark as far as WHERE the units are!!!!!!
Waiting eagerly for ANY info.
I guess that's the frustrating part of dealing with a company overseas.

AQD_ottawa
10/04/2012, 05:35 AM
The first wave of Mitras shipped to us on the 2nd October, I was told they would not ship until the 8th October, they are in transit now this is exactly 12 days later than originally quoted, I personally have done all I can to keep eveyone in the loop the moment I get news just as this morning when I woke to the shipping notice, so I would not like to think anyone has been kept in the dark.

GHL are dealing with an order base of over 1,000 units I am personally very impressed with GHL's turn around on this as we have seen other companies have months of delays in the past.

EVEN BETTER NEWS IS - We just have been informed over 80% of the total order has shipped so some of those on the second wave will get bumped forward to the first

Cargo Ready: 10/02/2012, 18:00
Description of Goods:AQUARIUMCONTROLLER AND ACCESSORIES
File Number: 599922767500
Number of Pieces: 1.0
Origin Port: DEFRA
Est. Departure: 10/03/2012, 13:00
Destination Port: CAYOW Shipment
Weight: 285.0 kgs
Type: House Airway Bill
Manifest: 10/02/2012 0:00

As always we are very appreciative of everyones patience and you know we are doing all we can to get these lamps to you as fast as is possible.

AuS MaDDoG
10/04/2012, 08:00 AM
Good luck with that !!

I have just been advised by the Australian distributor for Ghl here in Aus that I am now not getting my 3 units for another week or two.
Pretty poor considering I paid approx $3000 in full in June and prior to the offer close date.
I have also heard that the Australian distributor only recieved a very small pre order from Ghl and to be honest this was never advised by Ghl. All the pre order promotion at our end was very misleading with many people thinking they were getting their lights in the first batch being that they did meet the pre order payment prior to the close off date. Very misleading Ghl. Sounds like you guys may get a better deal !! so good luck with it and I guess we can only hope that Ghl can pick up the volume quickly with manufacture or many others are probably going to feel a bit let down like me !!

One dissapointed Ghl user.
Cheers
Tony.

AQD_ottawa
10/04/2012, 09:41 AM
Shipping dates have always been quoted from GHL not as receiving by us here in the NA.

I maybe wrong but AUS shipments come by sea freight I would of thought which will always take longer as it would cost way to much to airfreight. Sounds like the first batch was sent by air to at least get some moving faster for you which would still have cost the distributor heaps of cash.

Before getting too dissapointed I would call the distributors and have a chat with them, i am sure they will reasure you.

We have shipped by air at our cost the NA stock even though the shipment weights 650LB! This is why we will get ours here faster and less than 14 days late than originally hoped for.

To save this thread spiralling if you have concerns in regards to shipping email us at sales@aqua-digital.com and we will do all we can to assist you, thats our job ;)

fishnerd
10/04/2012, 01:37 PM
Good things come to those that wait.....

AQD_ottawa
10/05/2012, 06:06 AM
As always news hot off the press!

Next shipment the second wave is bang on target to ship week 4 of October, GHL state they will do their best to ship sooner if possible.

This will be followed by the stock holding order which will furnish our dealer base for xmas that will be shipped around mid Novermber.

As we get news, you all will be the first to receive it :)

Matthias Gross
10/05/2012, 11:22 AM
Good luck with that !!

I have just been advised by the Australian distributor for Ghl here in Aus that I am now not getting my 3 units for another week or two.
Pretty poor considering I paid approx $3000 in full in June and prior to the offer close date.
I have also heard that the Australian distributor only recieved a very small pre order from Ghl and to be honest this was never advised by Ghl. All the pre order promotion at our end was very misleading with many people thinking they were getting their lights in the first batch being that they did meet the pre order payment prior to the close off date. Very misleading Ghl. Sounds like you guys may get a better deal !! so good luck with it and I guess we can only hope that Ghl can pick up the volume quickly with manufacture or many others are probably going to feel a bit let down like me !!

One dissapointed Ghl user.
Cheers
Tony.

the first order has been shipped 24. Sep. (in full - this was not a partial shipment!), planned was 2-3 weeks earlier, so this 2-3 weeks delay is our fault
I don't know if you had been one of them who got lamps out of the first wave, this is something you have to discuss with your supplier directly, it is out of my hands.
also it is not in our responsibility if and when a supplier takes money for a preorder (valid for all suppliers of course)

Matthias Gross
10/05/2012, 11:28 AM
Tony (and all other who are waiting),

on another note - we doubled our production capacities in order to catch up with the preorders ASAP

I am sorry but I can't do more at the moment, but I am quite confident that the delivery issues will be fixed very soon

I know that there a lot of customers (new ones and loyal old ones) are waiting eagerly and don't feel very comfortable about this situation, please accept our excuse for the waiting period

AQD_ottawa
10/08/2012, 08:21 AM
Ottawa, ON, Canada 10/05/2012 6:05 Cleared Customs

This means the lamps will be here with us tomorrow, 3 days earlier than expected!

They would have been here today but its Thanksgiving up here in Canada today, so came online just to let you all know

Now back to Gobble Gobble Gobble!

BigAl2007
10/08/2012, 08:25 AM
Excellent news! Happy Thanksgiving!

It looks like North America will start seeing their Mitras units very soon.... :)

shaggss
10/08/2012, 10:10 AM
Yep, LEDs in transit for Hong Kong! Should be here soon!

doggydoc
10/08/2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks guys. This is BEST NEWS TODAY!!!!!

doggydoc
10/08/2012, 06:39 PM
Tony (and all other who are waiting),

on another note - we doubled our production capacities in order to catch up with the preorders ASAP

I am sorry but I can't do more at the moment, but I am quite confident that the delivery issues will be fixed very soon

I know that there a lot of customers (new ones and loyal old ones) are waiting eagerly and don't feel very comfortable about this situation, please accept our excuse for the waiting period

Thanks Mathias. Cant wait to get my hands on them.

AQD_ottawa
10/08/2012, 06:44 PM
Just to give everyone an understanding of what happens next

1. Tomorrow afternoon we will receive
2. Likely to go on late into tomorrow evening unloading
3. Wednesday - every single unit checked for irregularities mainly shipping damage
4. Wednesday re packing
5. IF all is well then some units will be packed for shipping
6. Thursday - First units will ship to dealers
7. Friday - mass shipping starts to be completed by Monday.

I can not give a list of which dealer will be first, I am sorry. I appreciate everyones patience.

doggydoc
10/08/2012, 07:42 PM
Patience? Really?
I think WE ALL have been VERY patient

AQD_ottawa
10/08/2012, 08:02 PM
Yes that right I really do appreciate everyone patience, meaning - thank you. :)

doggydoc
10/08/2012, 08:28 PM
Nothing personal but I would like to know how would you feel if it was the other way around!!!!!!!

AQD_ottawa
10/08/2012, 09:03 PM
All I said was I appreciate everyones patience, I am not quite sure what I am supposed to feel what about?? Matthias has explained the 12 day delay above, which you replied to

Thanks guys. This is BEST NEWS TODAY!!!!!

Thanks Mathias. Cant wait to get my hands on them.

Please drop me an email so we can discuss your concerns personally. I will reply tomorrow as it is Thanksgiving here right now and really should be with my family I only came online to give everyone a little friendly update. :(

doggydoc
10/08/2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks. No need for email. I appreciate your thoughtful remarks. I will continue to wait patiently.
Enjoy your holiday.

rodneyri
10/09/2012, 12:36 AM
good stuff its getting lonely in the Mitras club without other users to throw tips and ideas with

doggydoc
10/09/2012, 09:21 AM
All I said was I appreciate everyones patience, I am not quite sure what I am supposed to feel what about?? Matthias has explained the 12 day delay above, which you replied to

Please drop me an email so we can discuss your concerns personally. I will reply tomorrow as it is Thanksgiving here right now and really should be with my family I only came online to give everyone a little friendly update. :(

As a matter I fact I have tried speaking to you via phone SEVERAL times en going to the extremes of having my dealer forward my phone number for you to call.
Michael can you please pm me your phone number. I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU WHENEVER YOU GET SOME FREE TIME.
THANKS

AQD_ottawa
10/09/2012, 09:25 AM
Hi

I guess you did not get my mesage that the number provided always went to a message that says "the dialed number is not currently receiving calls"

I will pass on my phone number for you.

AQD_ottawa
10/09/2012, 12:07 PM
THEY ARE HERE!

Now the fun begins ;)

humaguy
10/09/2012, 07:01 PM
I was lucky to be offered 4 of the 5 I ordered...
Passing until all 5 get in...

AQD_ottawa
10/09/2012, 07:47 PM
we will move these units on to the next in line, thank you for your generosity.

humaguy
10/09/2012, 08:05 PM
somebody is going to be very happy...lol...
stoked to get mine!

Michael,
I really appreciate all the assistance and info you have provided...
Thank you, thank you, thank you...
TK