PDA

View Full Version : Key LED light fixture?

leveldrummer
09/29/2012, 04:26 PM
I just bought a complete used setup, its a 58 gallon and it came with a KEY LED fixture, Im having a real hard time finding any information reguarding this company or their product, does anyone know of a site that these are sold so i can get some info about this setup, see what they cost and judge what it might be worth? im thinking im going to sell it and just go with a T5 fixture instead.

Any one have info about the Key LED?

Chase35
09/29/2012, 05:35 PM
Made in China (Shanghai) i think i read somewhere that led's made in china uses cheaper inferior emitters/drivers W/ higher amounts of energy used to get the same lummens per watt than most led manufacturers. Not cheap on the pocket book by any means anywhere from $275-$750 deppending on the light. The difference being most led's with cheaper emitters/ drivers will not last as long as the maufacterer says. I can tell you from experience i have used led lighting now for around six months and i wish i never had switched! In short led's are great for energy consumption but lack in PAR and PUR esspecially on taller tanks over 18" deep but this is just my opinion

leveldrummer
09/29/2012, 07:16 PM
These have Cree LEDs in them, if i can get some stronger drivers do you think this system would be ok? Thanks for answering. its tough to get some help on this site sometimes.

Chase35
09/29/2012, 07:24 PM
I don't see why not but I would have a back up just in case cause from what I have heard when the LEDs go out they just go out quickly sometimes with no warning at all but again this is just one mans opinion

mordibv
09/29/2012, 08:40 PM
Some of the Key units also came with bridgelux emitters. A very similar unit the Illuminarium may shed some light on your unit. The reflectors were a miss since you cannot bend a reflector around a led like a halide bulb or t5 bulb. Optics serve this purpose .
No harm in trying it out as there are proly less capable units out there than yours.
GL with it .

RobPak84
09/29/2012, 08:51 PM
Those units are sold under a few different names. I bought two of those "key" fixtures of off Alibaba and they came with bridgelux emitters. Very nice units I should say. If you are looking for more info check alibaba and search for something like dimmable led fixtures or reef led lighting, etc... You will probably have to do some looking through pages but the sellers on alibaba had all sorts of tech specs and graphs on those fixtures.

leveldrummer
09/29/2012, 10:47 PM
Those units are sold under a few different names. I bought two of those "key" fixtures of off Alibaba and they came with bridgelux emitters. Very nice units I should say. If you are looking for more info check alibaba and search for something like dimmable led fixtures or reef led lighting, etc... You will probably have to do some looking through pages but the sellers on alibaba had all sorts of tech specs and graphs on those fixtures.

would you midn telling me the size of your fixtures and roughly what they cost? so i can get an idea of what to sell it for if i decide to go that route?

RobPak84
09/30/2012, 02:35 PM
To be honest I had that fixture probably a year or two ago so I don't exactly remember. But to make my best guess, for the 24 inch fixture I had it probably cost $250.

I will look and see if I could find those lights again. If I do I will PM you the URL.