PDA

View Full Version : Another pleas for opinions... bubble coral

CoralReeferGal
09/30/2012, 11:38 AM
For those of you who know, we recently went through half of a tank crash. Our goiniopora died and almost nuked the tank. We lost about $800 worth of stuff, (including my favorite: our electric green open brain! :( ) anyway, a few things made it, one of which we sort of expected to lose was our bubble coral. It's still hanging on (I think) but it won't inflate. Every once in a while some bubbles will come out, but never all of them. Here's a pic of it, thoughts? Is it dead (or dying) and what should we do if it's not dead yet? It's in the same place it's always been, so no changes to flow or lighting, and it was always very happy prior to the "crash".
Before: (it was like this all the time up until when we had the crash. We've had it for approx 4 months?)
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg557/coralreefergal/IMG1108.jpg

After:
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg557/coralreefergal/IMG1235.jpg

CoralReeferGal
09/30/2012, 02:05 PM
anyone? you can still see all the deflated bubbles in the second pic, so I'm assuming its not dead, also because a few bubbles will inflate here and there... im pretty confused on this one. Anyone have any advice to offer?? Or can anyone at least tell me what kind of coral it is to post this in the appropriate coral forum? (LPS, SPS, softie, etc?)

disc1
09/30/2012, 02:22 PM
Bubble coral is LPS.

It looks like it is dying to me. Not sure how to save it.

CoralReeferGal
09/30/2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks... I thought so too, but I'll try posting there and see if anyone there has any ideas.

jasonrstewart79
09/30/2012, 02:46 PM
What happened to cause the crash? Sorry I must have missed it...

CoralReeferGal
09/30/2012, 02:56 PM
Its OK, it was awhile ago and I havent really been on here since; we had a goniopora (flower pot coral) that died and released toxins. We knew from the start they can nuke a tank, but it was doing awesome and really happy and healthy, and had no trouble at all with it, then one of the nems went wandering, stung it, and killed it. We lost an RBTA, GBTA, electric green open brain, the flower pot, a jewel damselfish, several candycanes, a ton of mushrooms, star polyps, a birdsnest, a colt coral, and some other assorted frags. We spent about 4-6 weeks doing water changes and testing water to make sure everything is stable again before adding anything else again. The poor clown looked so lost, so we got another nem for her first. (Nothing else in the tank to nuke it again if this nem ticks anything off lol... love the look, but will never get another flower pot again... just in case)

Garrett11
09/30/2012, 03:01 PM
I had a bubble fall out of the rock work once and behave similar where it would have days i thought it was good but started dieing fast and quickly was completely dead /: