PDA

View Full Version : Totm

tom obrecht
10/01/2012, 08:14 AM
Im just curious if anyone knows what the status is of the Sept TOTM? Certainly NOT complaining just curious if there is some circumstance keeping TOTM this month from posting...always one of the first things I check on the computer in the morning. :)

Nanook
10/02/2012, 02:16 AM
We apologize, it looks like we are not going to be ready for the TOTM this month. We hope to have a TOTM in November though, if we are lucky, possibly sometime in October depending on if the members get us their information in time.

robs.mark
10/02/2012, 05:21 AM
Do you still have the soft reef going Tom? I love to see an update!

Digitalelectric
10/02/2012, 06:51 AM
Has Chingchai's tank been featured yet?

tom obrecht
10/02/2012, 07:54 AM
We apologize, it looks like we are not going to be ready for the TOTM this month. We hope to have a TOTM in November though, if we are lucky, possibly sometime in October depending on if the members get us their information in time.

No need to apologize, I was just curious (actually just anxious :)) to check out the latest totm. All you at RC do a great job and I know your job is not an easy one. Keep up the good work and I'm sure the new featured tank will be up soon. Thanks for the response!

tom obrecht
10/02/2012, 08:05 AM
Do you still have the soft reef going Tom? I love to see an update!

Ha ha...didn't think people even remembered that tank! Unfortunately that tank was torn down due to a relocation move about 7 years ago. The move inspired me to go larger (420 display) which was exciting at first. We moved to a location on a private well that proved to be the breaking force in the project. Over the course of a few years the system never settled in and I decided to take a break for a couple years. I am now back into things on a much smaller scale but have a handle on the well water I think. Will probably upgrade to something in the 120-180 range in the future. The 260 that was featured in the article was a fun tank. Seemed almost foolproof in that I could add fish or corals and everything seemed to thrive. It would be interesting to see what that tank would look like today. I hope to replicate that tank someday in the future. Thanks for the interest!

aandfsoccr04
10/02/2012, 08:37 AM
Has Chingchai's tank been featured yet?

yes.

chunk78
10/02/2012, 09:07 AM
love TOTM

robs.mark
10/02/2012, 02:41 PM
Ha ha...didn't think people even remembered that tank! Unfortunately that tank was torn down due to a relocation move about 7 years ago. The move inspired me to go larger (420 display) which was exciting at first. We moved to a location on a private well that proved to be the breaking force in the project. Over the course of a few years the system never settled in and I decided to take a break for a couple years. I am now back into things on a much smaller scale but have a handle on the well water I think. Will probably upgrade to something in the 120-180 range in the future. The 260 that was featured in the article was a fun tank. Seemed almost foolproof in that I could add fish or corals and everything seemed to thrive. It would be interesting to see what that tank would look like today. I hope to replicate that tank someday in the future. Thanks for the interest!

It was a great tank mate, one of the best soft tanks I've seen.

tom obrecht
10/02/2012, 03:21 PM
It was a great tank mate, one of the best soft tanks I've seen.

Thanks! By todays standards it would not hold up but back in its day when full blown sps tanks were in their infancy it was pretty cool if I say so myself! :spin2:

Here's a blast from the past! :beer:

http://http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/TObrecht/DSCN6413.jpg

tom obrecht
10/02/2012, 03:23 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/TObrecht/DSCN6413.jpg