PDA

View Full Version : Cuh-RAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kzziboy
10/03/2012, 04:29 PM
I was gone for 4 days...came home to see my clownfish...not exactly sure what type...dead. At least I think it was the clownfish. I also have a Royal Gramma. He hides a lot though so I guess it could be him.

No idea what the hell happened. I have an ATO system so the water was all good and constant. Salinity levels never changed. The ONLY thing is that I had my heater unplugged. I've been meaning to move it to my sump, but still haven't done that yet. Water temp has been staying in the 78 to 82 range without it due to the unusually warm Fall we've been having.

I've got several hermit crabs...some bigger than others. I used to have an emerald crab, but I haven't seen him in about 5 or 6 months.

Checked amonia and nitrate levels....all read zero which I guess is somewhat amzaing to me since obviously at least one fish died.
Sump is still full of life..pods/worms, etc.

Any thoughts on this?
Not sure what anyone could suggest.

BeanMachine
10/03/2012, 04:36 PM
How long have you had them? QT? Power went out while you were gone maybe?

kzziboy
10/03/2012, 04:41 PM
I've had them for almost a year. I got them all from a guy I knew that moved. He had them ALL for about a year prior (4 fist total).
I'm pretty sure the power didn't go out. When it does my microwave and stove's clocks get all messed up and they were fine when I got home.
The remaining ones look fine. They eat and swim just the same.