PDA

View Full Version : Will these Led par38's work

Jlazenby
10/06/2012, 04:11 PM
Will two of these par38's work on a 20l?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12X1W-4pcs-Cold-White-8pcs-Royal-Blue-Par38-12W-LED-Light-Lamp-Bulb-for-Aquarium-/110960713172?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d5c61dd4

Jlazenby
10/06/2012, 06:16 PM
Bump.

Dapg8gt
10/06/2012, 06:24 PM
They should work. It will def be like 20k really blue. Some people have had some issues with the cheap ones overheating and shutting off. Make sure the have some sort of warranty. But for the price I would say go for it. Not for SPS but for some softies and some LPS IMO it should work. I just got my brother in law a 3 watt Dimmable Par 38 from aliexpress for his nano and it's been rocking his fluval edge for a month or two. It has white,blue and one red and one green. I think it's a 24 watt. I paid $75 for it. There's quite a few on aliexpress dot com shipped direct from supplier. Not sure how long it's gonna last though it does get hot.

Jlazenby
10/07/2012, 07:22 AM
Thanks a ton. Was just looking on aliexpres and came across these,http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2012new-36W-12-3W-3W-chip-led-dimmable-aquarium-lights-High-quality-3years-warranty-Dropshipping/533910553.html. Do you think these would be a better option? BTW I am a broke high school student.

Dapg8gt
10/07/2012, 08:12 AM
IDK if any of them are good. I know they will grow coral but for longevity I have no idea.. The one I gave as a gift gets Pretty hot when over say 75% so I wouldn't think it's gonna make It the full life span. Only real difference between those two would be the dimmer and IMo its worth it. I came from a 150 watt halide on my small frag tank to an evergrow D120 Dimmable LED and I'm running It at about 50% and SPS is thriving. You could always save some money and just raise it or shield it to acclimate your corals and buy the cheaper ones.. It's hard to say what is better but in the LED world Dimmable is the choice to have so you don't toast your corals. So I say it's really up to you if you want to spend the extra money or just raise the fixtures or use screen or bubble wrap to use as a dimmer to acclimate your corals. Good luck in your decision. :-)

Also if you can swing $65 more look into the evergrow D120 or similar. It's cheap at $170 delivered comes with a 3 year warranty and is fully customizable with different color LEDS and has room for you to grow into a larger tank. check out the "Chinese LED thread" for info about it. The one that's locked has a lot of info on the D120.. The par bulbs should work fine though again good luck and welcome to reef central.