PDA

View Full Version : CADLights 50 watt LED

sharky's machin
10/07/2012, 11:12 AM
I purchased these with a 50 gallon Artisan cube last week. Anyone have any feedback on them or info on controlling the lights?

I can't find anything online and there wasn't much in the way of instructions.

Considering returning them.

Josh009
10/07/2012, 11:53 AM
Not sure which ones you've got. But I bought the same tank package about a year ago and it came with a 24" led about 50w. Had a remote control which turned out to be RF with no other way to control it remotely.

I ended up investing in an AI Sol Blue unit which is plenty of coverage and fully controllable by my reef angel. The cadlights light is in the garage as a backup that I will probably never use.

sharky's machin
10/07/2012, 12:27 PM
I think we have the same one. I'll reach out to CAD lights to try and get instructions.

sharky's machin
10/07/2012, 06:17 PM
Wow...nobody else?

kc350twin
10/07/2012, 09:32 PM
My bud had the same issue and cadlights emailed him the instructions. I did get it programmed but I don't remember how. We did measure the par and it was not all that high. He had it on his spare aquapod and it was enough for softies.

Kc3

sharky's machin
10/07/2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the response. Not good.

Gwall30
10/14/2012, 07:41 AM
I have 2 of the 50W multi chip LEDs on my 100G Artisan. The ones you have, are they the ones with a center multi chip bulb? They should also be only about 14" or so long right?

Mine came with instructions, but playing around with it a little bit, I found my way was easier. Try this:

Press mode once: this lets you set the time of day you are in right now
Press set when you got the time right.mwait for the center 2 dots to blink indicating the setting went in.

Press mode 2X: this lets you set the time you want the multi chip to turn on (center bright bulb) press set and also wait for the 2 red dots to blink again,

Press mode 3x for setting the multi chip to shut off. Wait for red dot again.

Press mode 4X and this let's you set the blues for turning on

Press mode 5X for the blues to shut off.

I set my blues at 0:00 and that lets the blues stay on.

My multi chip 50W lights are bright as heck, I can't even look at it without blinding myself for 30min. Growth rate is really good too.

DRC69
01/14/2014, 10:02 AM
I just got the same light and I'm happy with the look. I know it's not the best light out there, but this is my first LED setup and I didn't want to spend a-lot of $$$. I got a good deal on it.
It is bright, but not the best color combo.
I know this thread is a-bit old just wanted to see if anyone else is still using this light.
I still can't figure out how to set the panel for the color blend on the left? Anyone?
Thanks