PDA

View Full Version : Questions 29G Biocube

Parker22
10/07/2012, 01:01 PM
Hello guys,

I am interested in setting up a tank. My sister has a tank and she has recently moved from where she was living and no longer wants the tank. It is a 25 gallon rectangle tank. She has one clown fish and that is it. I am interested in taking this tank or trading it in for a 29G biocube. I really like the way the biocubes look.

My questions are:

Could I get one dwarf lion fish for this tank? Could it go with the clown fish? I would like to be able to just have these two fish (unless a third would be possible)

Would a larger shrimp or a few crabs be okay with the dwarf lion fish?

Also, What about a few plants/live rock. If this would make it more difficult to take care of I may not be interested. I am new to this, but do know how to take care of my sisters tank. I would rather not have to have a sump setup and all that... I want to keep it simple if possible.

What do you guys suggest? (if my wishes are even possible)

Zappo
10/07/2012, 01:38 PM
Lionfish need a bigger tank. You'll need to go 50 gallons or bigger if you want one of those. As for plants, some types of macroalgae look quite good and there's absolutely nothing wrong with growing it in the display tank if that's what you're into. Some types are easier to grow than others and you'll need to look up the specific needs of the species that you plan to keep.

About the tank, biocubes do have a pretty good reputation and are very popular. It's certainly worth considering as an upgrade, unless you really have your heart set on the lionfish.

Parker22
10/07/2012, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the info. A employee at my lfs thought it would be okay but she didn't seem very knowledgeable.

Zappo
10/08/2012, 12:01 AM
Check out this site for lots of info and pictures:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/

The liveaquaria folks are usually pretty good about giving accurate info about their fish.

Reeferz412
10/08/2012, 11:30 AM
Like previously said, Lionfish is a no go. But you can get a few hermits and a nice cleaner shrimp (there are various kinds) to be stocked into the biocube. With the stock lighting of the Biocube (compact fluorescents) you can grow soft corals with no problem. Along with one or two powerheads, you can have sweet and low maintenance reef setup.