PDA

View Full Version : my clowns and anemone problem

danmartis
10/07/2012, 11:18 PM
So I got this anemone and clown pair from a guy on my local reef forum.I had them in my system for two days.everything was good until this night my female is rejecting the male, and he its hosting my frog spawn coral.why is this happening?
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq224/danmartis/IMAG0488.jpg

reeffreak75
10/07/2012, 11:37 PM
It's normal...the female had an affair with a few green cromis and now the Male it's mad..nothing to worry about..he will get over it...they r fine..

danmartis
10/08/2012, 12:08 AM
It's normal...the female had an affair with a few green cromis and now the Male it's mad..nothing to worry about..he will get over it...they r fine..

i hope .she is chasing him out of the anemone.

Dukester
10/08/2012, 05:02 AM
those clowns look like they arent all the way to a male/female pair, they are just figuring out whos going to be the dominate one(female) and whos going to be the male, youll notice them acting strange and twitching a fair bit most of the time. Its all normal.

sqwat
10/08/2012, 08:15 AM
Very healthy rbta and both clown are same size and same sex that is the reason for the rejection females are much bigger then males one will outgrow the other and become female if thing go right if you want remove one and add a very small clown the then the big clown will turn female all clowns are born male