PDA

View Full Version : Reef "Safe-ness" check please.

Nick S
10/09/2012, 05:33 PM
Hey guys and gals. Years after I tore down my 220 gallon reef + 75 gallon refugium, I'm back at it again. Got everything plumbed again, skimmer going strong, live rock in place, and the rest of the goodies. It's time to stock the tank with snails, crabs, etc.

Looking to put an order in with liveaquaria.com through their "build your own reef cleaner packages" at this link.... http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/b...n_kit.cfm?id=1

As its been a while, can someone who knows better take a look at the critters at that link and let me know if they are all reef safe? I know that I'll be staying away from the Mexican Turbos although they are great algae eaters, they knock over my corals Can anyone flag other ones on that list I should steer clear of?

Thanks in advance!

sporto0
10/09/2012, 05:39 PM
The link you have entered is empty & Turbo snails may plow a coral or 2 from time to time but they are above & beyond any other type snail for keeping a tank clean, once the corals attach themselves permanently, that problem goes away. I personally would not keep a reef without them. Good luck on the restart.