PDA

View Full Version : How to get a CBB to eat ?

Vlado4x4
10/10/2012, 12:09 PM
Is there any way to get a CBB to eat frozen or pellets ?

Is there a trick or method anyone can give me ?

Thanks

Dr Colliebreath
10/10/2012, 06:47 PM
I assume this fish is new to you, right? Is it in a quarantine tank or your main tank?

These fish are among the most difficult to get eating as they seem not to ship very well. I would try frozen mysis (both PE and Hikari), Rod's food, frozen enriched brine shrimp, and frozen blackworms. You should try adding a drop or two of garlic extract as this sometimes gets a fish to eat.

Also try fresh chopped scallop and shrimp from your grocery store. Another good bet is a fresh clam, opened up on the half shell, drained and placed in the aquarium.

If these don't work, try live blackworms and live brine shrimp.

The best three choices are live blackworms, live brine shrimp, and fresh clam. If it won't eat these within two weeks, it very likely isn't going to eat prepared foods.

Good luck.

Do a search as there are a lot of threads on this very topic.

Reef264
10/10/2012, 07:15 PM
Mine ate Mysis, and Butterfly & Angel formula, after 2 days.Food was soaked in Garlic, Selcon, and Seachem Vitality.Now, it will typically eat 5-8 pieces of Mysis per twice daily feedings.It pays no attention to pellets

-Ray

Dr Colliebreath
10/10/2012, 09:08 PM
Vlado4x4, I wouldn't hold out much hope for yours eating pellets. The ones that do are few and far between.

secrest
10/11/2012, 12:13 AM
Mine started eating pe mysis on the second day. Now eats pretty much any frozen food I feed. Never had any interest in live black worms for some reason. Won't even look at pellets.

64Ivy
10/11/2012, 04:39 AM
I'd go with the live blackworms. Get them here.

http://aquaticfoods.com/

Don't know if they ship to Argentina however. Until then, I would try some live local clams. Hopefully you have this fish in quarantine.

Vlado4x4
10/12/2012, 01:40 PM
Thank you guys for all the input!! I have him im my main tank for over 5 months now and doing really well. Very fat indeed. I used to had a major aiptasia problem but he controlled it over a couple of weeks at the most. He´s been eating from whatever he picked from the rock ever since. Allthough last night for the first time ever y placed a live opened clam and he went bannanas over it !! SO HEYYY I´M REALLY HAPPY !!

Thanks once again. Next time will post a couple of pics if possible.

All the best !!

secrest
10/12/2012, 09:15 PM
Congrats!