PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Storm aux power always on

jaf1348
10/10/2012, 06:16 PM
My Storm's auxiliary power socket is always on regardless of whether the unit is set to Off, On, or ROCv. I have a ROCv unit plugged into it. This has caused a couple of over flows in my top off tank.

I've tried removing all connections from the unit, but that doesn't seem to help. Is this an issue that can be corrected with updated firmware? The unit has been working great until this issue.

Any help is appreciated.

GenesisReefSys
10/10/2012, 09:59 PM
Hi jaf,

I'm sorry to hear this - it's definitely not a firmware issue but instead must be a hardware issue. I've never heard of this type of problem before so I would really like to thoroughly examine the unit myself to determine the exact cause.

Please email me directly at [email protected] so we can arrange to have the unit returned and repaired or replaced as quickly as possible.

Also, we recommend using a mechanical float valve on the inlet of your top off bin just in case something unpredictable happens to prevent overflowing. When you return your unit I will definitely throw a float valve in for free so you can install it to prevent any future overflows (although we'll definitely get your STORMô fixed too so it will only be a backup!).

Thanks,
Kevin

jaf1348
10/11/2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks, Kevin! Email on its way...