PDA

View Full Version : fans on canopy

sbazain
10/11/2012, 09:29 AM
my canopy for the 75 came with two fans to pull out the heat , should I run them all the time or during the day and off at night don't feel much heat coming out or are they good to pull out excess CO2:wave:

dstacy121
10/11/2012, 10:49 AM
I recently add a 120 CFM fan to my hood and I've been keeping it on....main reason is because im out of timers : /

masonicman
10/11/2012, 10:54 AM
I have my fans connected to a temp controller. They kick on when the tank goes above 80 and kicks my heater on when the tank drops below 78. If you run them all day every day your going to get a lot of evaporation. Which will require topping off more often. You won't feel the heat coming out. The fan blow cool air across the tank helping with light fixture heat. Yes it helps with C02 as well.

Mouse
10/11/2012, 08:27 PM
my canopy for the 75 came with two fans to pull out the heat

Take them off and turn them around. They should be blowing in. Blowing out they will catch some salt creep and shorten the life, blowing in they inchease evap and help to lower the temp.
Mine will be on a temp control also, unless I find the need to increase evap.

sbazain
10/11/2012, 11:16 PM
like the idea about the timers, need for lighting and to hook up the fans like you say, sounds good. on turning the fans around I guess it would be better if I put them on each side of the canopy so the air will flow across the surface right now their on top sucking air up

Danny_B
10/12/2012, 01:43 AM
depending on the Hood that may ormay not be a good idea...if its open back canopy you can do that...if its pretty sealed, stick with one drawing in and one blowing out.

Take them off and turn them around. They should be blowing in. Blowing out they will catch some salt creep and shorten the life, blowing in they inchease evap and help to lower the temp.
Mine will be on a temp control also, unless I find the need to increase evap.