ShawnMarie
10/11/2012, 07:44 PM

Xgm
10/11/2012, 07:47 PM
I'm not sure but it can be aiptasia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShawnMarie
10/11/2012, 08:10 PM
It seems to me that my photo matches the description I found. Next question would be . How do I remove them with out harming my two clowns? I do not want to use any chemicals. I have only just put the clown in a week ago. I have three small crabs and nothing else.

hossa81
10/11/2012, 08:18 PM
It seems to me that my photo matches the description I found. Next question would be . How do I remove them with out harming my two clowns? I do not want to use any chemicals. I have only just put the clown in a week ago. I have three small crabs and nothing else.

If it is aiptasia take a syringe and squirt it right in the mouth it will not harm your fish just don't use too much or it will throw off your ph

Tmoriarty
10/11/2012, 08:21 PM
btw I think he is talking with kalk paste since I do not see what he was talking about and he mentioned PH.

They can be a hassle to get rid of, some people keep them. Another option is a berghia nudibranch, they only eat aptasia and would remove your problem, just remember to rehome them if you can after they eat all the aptasia or they would eventually die in the tank.

Musing.Dog
10/11/2012, 08:22 PM
I'm going to vote aiptasia as well. I have found that hypodermically injecting them with lemon juice has worked best. I also tried boiling water and kalkwasser as well (as separate treatments), but lemon juice seemed to work better. Eventually I just bought a peppermint shrimp that has eaten all of mine. For one, I'd try just stabbing it with lemon juice.

ShawnMarie
10/11/2012, 08:27 PM
I have a few others that look similar but not the same. I will take photos when I have better lighting and more time. I will read up more. Thank you for the info. As I am a newbie to this extreme hobby. :) I want to do things correctly the first time .. My goal is to have coral some time down the road. I have a 14 gl Bio for now.

ShawnMarie
10/13/2012, 05:49 PM
OK.. I went to my LFS and told them my thoughts and their first response to my issue was some chemical that was not mentioned here. ( they were to quick with it) I had earlier explained that I wanted to try natural methods first.
Finally I told them I wanted a peppermint Shrimp, a few Nerties.. or ceriths.. I felt very abused by the time I left.. :( I think the next time I purchase these things, I will order them and have them shipped. (I told them as much too)
I do think this peppermint shrimp will do fine. He/She attacked in the first ten minutes in the tank. Ate the top off one of the Aiptasia and traveled around the tank a few times already. Found a 'good size' space to chill and hang. Over night my tank went brown. But 18 hours later it is pretty much gone. Not sure what is going on.. Hopefully Ive not put the shrimp in to quickly.