PDA

View Full Version : Aqueon Proflex model 3

rah140
10/13/2012, 04:39 PM
I purchased the proflex mode 3 sump and after being in operation for about a week, I noticed that the top plate, where the 1" drain hoes is connected to the sump, has warped outwards. I angled the hose to tak some of the pressure off the plate, but it still bowed outwards slightly.

Is this going to cause a problem with tha acrylic glass separating?

davidadelp
10/13/2012, 07:18 PM
I cant imagine that it would hurt anything. Im just curious how do you like the sump? I have the model 3 on order from a LFS for my 65g. Do you have it set up with the fuge? Im curious does anyone else have this sump for there tank? pros VS cons?

rah140
10/13/2012, 07:22 PM
The sump works great. I have a 75 gallon and using it as a refugium. I put chatoalgae, small live rock and a light on the top which I leave on all the time. I would add a support bracket on the top for the top acrylic plate where the 1" hose attaches. Like I mentioned, the weight of the hose and maybe some of the force of the water causes the top plate to bow outwards. Also, the third compartment, where the pump is located, is a little small. It is hard to find a skimmer that will fit. The coralife 75 gallon cone skimmer fits with the mag drive 9.5 pump.