PDA

View Full Version : Profilux Recommendations

dan-in-gr
10/19/2012, 11:46 AM
Hi, I am looking to get a Profilux and it will be used for a 120 tank with lights T5's and MH, so two light settings, a heater and chiller control. Also need pH monitoring and would like to hook up my 2 Tunzes and one ATO switch. Can I get the Profilux 2 or do I need the 3 model, trying to keep cost low.

My tank is next to my modem and will hook up ethernet to it, I have two Mac computers, is there any interface for that. Or will I only be able to control it from the unit itself. I have my house modem near tank and will use ethernet and have a Mac computer, will that work.

Where do you recommend to buy main setup and any add-ons, also any place for phone support/advise. Thanks

MSHUR
10/19/2012, 12:32 PM
You need P-3 for sure. try to aqua-cave.com. sorry, not sure about MAC-:)

BigAl2007
10/19/2012, 01:09 PM
I thought I'd try to help answer some of your other questions:

My tank is next to my modem and will hook up ethernet to it, I have two Mac computers, is there any interface for that.
There are several ProfiLux users who are using MAC but I think they are doing it via "Parallels" mostly. Also a P3 or higher has a built-in webserver so you can do some monitoring etc via a browser.

GHL announced this week that their AP (iOS and Droid) is 99% complete they are testing it now. Hopefully it wont be long but until it's officially OUT it's still just a "maybe" on that front.

also any place for phone support/advise. Thanks
First line of support is the North American Support site and then if needed phone support is possible or there is the International Support forum as well. A good portion of the basic support is "user enlisted.

AQD_ottawa
10/19/2012, 06:45 PM
Hi Dan,

I think you signed up to the support forum, sorry for the delay in accepting if it was you we have had mass spam issues and have to check each one persoanlly.

AQD_ottawa
10/19/2012, 06:48 PM
You need P-3 for sure. try to aqua-cave.com. sorry, not sure about MAC-:)

Thanks Mike for the hint ;) also there is another reef central sponsor which we can mention www.imagineanocean.com

we can send you a list of other ones by email and recomendations to sales@aqua-digital.com