PDA

View Full Version : ATI 6x80watt T5 Questions

UCReefer
10/19/2012, 12:20 PM
So i was just wondering if 550$ for a new ATI 6x80 watt T5 including ATI bulbs, Blue Plus x 3 AquaBlue x 2 Fiji Purp x 1. All new bulbs. Is that a good deal, also the fixture is 60in long 12in wide and my 150 gallon is 72" long 24" wide 20" tall at what height should i hang the fixture to get correct Par and full spread of light on bottom of tank. Thanks in advance RC

UCReefer
10/21/2012, 12:36 PM
bump

mordibv
10/21/2012, 05:43 PM
yes .. It's a good deal . Just the sunpower 60 inch is around 600 without bulbs new .
Some people cover a tank with a ATI fixture 12 inches shorter than tank length.
It may shade a lil but will give you the option of a mixed reef with less light demanding corals
I would start at 11 inches to water surface working my way down to 9 after acclimation.

jayinh
10/21/2012, 09:19 PM
I use an ATI 60" on a 125, works great and cant tell that the light is shorter on the ends. and yes thats a good deal, bulbs alone are about 200 bucks

UCReefer
10/31/2012, 08:25 AM
Well I got it installed and everything looks awesome. I have it at a little less than a foot above the water line and plan on lowering to around 6-8" over the next month or two. I am really happy with the colors that have came out. One of my favorite pieces of LR is a cave shaped rock covered in what used to be boring orange/rusty looking polyps and somehow they are neon green under the ATI.

Right now I have the fiji purp in but i have an extra ati purp + that i may switch in to see the difference but for now i'm just lovin it..

Also i swear my two bangaii cardinals are much more active under the new light, not sure why but i'm just glad everything is happy..

I'm gonna try to take some pics tonight so i'll let you guys see how it looks. Thanks again for the help.