PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Purple Up mixed with powerhead for auto-dosing?

GerardoG
10/19/2012, 02:42 PM
I plan to dose Purple Up and also Coral Accel because I've had great experience with them in the past but i also want to fully automate my tank as much as possible. would it be possible for me to keep them in separate containers with powerheads or pumps in them to keep them mixed up so i could use my dosing pumps to auto-dose them into my tank?

TylerHaworth
10/19/2012, 02:57 PM
I would avoid spending the money to automate the dosing of snake oil.

DHyslop
10/19/2012, 03:35 PM
+1

It's chemically impossible for Purple Up to actually do anything.

If you've had a good experience using it, that means you would have had a good experience not using it, too.

There are plenty of useful things you can dose: I would recommend kalk, two part or vinegar.

disc1
10/19/2012, 03:39 PM
+2 You might as well dose sand into your tank. The powerhead isn't going to do anything to help it dissolve, so it really makes no difference either way.

The only way you're going to get anything useful out of purple up is if you dissolve it in vinegar first and dose that. But then you need to be careful about how much vinegar you add to the tank.

DHyslop
10/19/2012, 06:58 PM
The only way you're going to get anything useful out of purple up is if you dissolve it in vinegar first and dose that. But then you need to be careful about how much vinegar you add to the tank.

Caveman calcium reactor!

bertoni
10/19/2012, 07:20 PM
I agree that the PurpleUp is useless, but using a pump to stir it should be safe.

disc1
10/19/2012, 10:05 PM
Caveman calcium reactor!

:lol2: A really expensive one...