PDA

View Full Version : life from live rock during cycle?

lespaul339
10/20/2012, 08:29 PM
So I'm on day 3 of my tank cycle. When can I expect to see some live things come out of my live rock? I've turned on the light real quick at night to see if I can see anything but so far nothing. I can see where some feather duster holes are at on my live rock but havent seen any of them pop out yet.

MARINECRITTERS
10/20/2012, 08:39 PM
A lot of the rock is actually dead. Depending on were you got it your rock may be filled with life or completely dead. Even if you start with dry rock after a few months you will start seeing all sorts of life.

Go at night and look at your reef with a flashlight. Eventually you will develope an eye for seeing life in your tank, I can see tons of life in my tank from sea slugs to mysid shrimp to crytoplax's but my family and friends really only notice the fish.

Hope this helped :)

hollister
10/20/2012, 11:54 PM
Yea if you use a dim light and wait a few hours after lights out you will see some thing. It may take a few minutes. They will be stressed right now so it may be harder to see anything and population would be low. Give it a few weeks.

lespaul339
10/21/2012, 09:55 AM
Cool, thanks. I'm just getting excited to see something besides rock in my tank lol.