PDA

View Full Version : Blue Dotted Sea Hare Eats Algae Disc

wnppmy
10/23/2012, 10:04 PM
My tank tends to have supplies of algae so the new Sea Hare is having a feast, but will consume large amounts so happy to see also likes the algae disc incase he runs out.

Caution on these can emit an ooze if disturbed, some mention of nuking a tank, so if not picked on and have enough algae is a happy creature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSsu5-63qjA&feature=youtu.be

tracyclifton
10/24/2012, 09:55 AM
I have the same type seahare. I started with algae wafers last week because my initial hair algae is almost gone. Mine also likes the wafers. He will stay on one for a long time. I also started putting seaweed in to see if I can get him and the blenny on that also.

Wonton Soup
10/31/2012, 03:46 PM
Nice video and your tank is looking good! In your nano tank, a sea hare that size will undoubtedly eat all of the edible algae. I'm not sure if algae wafers are nutritionally of much value in the long run or not but it's possible.
One thing that you can consider doing once the sea hare's services are no longer needed is look into a pay-it-forward type of program with your local saltwater club. A lot of people battle with hair algae and passing yours along or even trading someone for a different invertebrate can help insure it has a bigger supply of algae to eat.

Just a thought. Keep up the good work.