PDA

View Full Version : No Deltec skimmer support any more in US?

lastduke
10/25/2012, 11:54 AM
having a maitenance issue with MCE600 skimmer. sent an email to Marvin who is listed as customer support on D-D aquairum website. No one response, call the number, no one picked up. what's wrong with this company? No more support any more?

GSMguy
10/25/2012, 11:57 AM
Try calling Atlantis aquariums in Richmond VA and explain to whoever picks up that you must talk to a Deltec support person ASAP.

lastduke
10/25/2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks GSM, i got hold of Marvin, a great guy with complains to Deltec:) Theoretically, there is no Deltec support in US at this time. Marvin still helped me out but he didn't have to.

lark
12/18/2012, 12:21 PM
So, does anyone have any updated info on getting support for Deltec products in the US? I have e-mailed Marvin and the others listed on the D&D page, and also tried calling, but no luck. Is there a secret?

I need parts for an old aquabee, which seems like a near impossible task these days if I've been reading threads correctly.

I can't believe marinedepot sells these things for so much money when support seems virtually non-existent, or if not non-existent, they certainly make you jump through the hoops to get some.

moondoggy4
12/18/2012, 01:12 PM
1-804-612-0588 call at lunch time east coast time

ksed
12/18/2012, 01:44 PM
Try emailing them direct at email@deltec-aquaristic.com

GSMguy
12/18/2012, 02:00 PM
1-804-612-0588 call at lunch time east coast time

Who's number is that?

lark
12/18/2012, 02:56 PM
I appreciate the help very much, but am also a bit curious what that number is. I'm not looking to bother a guy a home or anything.

SPS_77493
12/18/2012, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=lark;20999577]So, does anyone have any updated info on getting support for Deltec products in the US? I have e-mailed Marvin and the others listed on the D&D page, and also tried calling, but no luck. Is there a secret?

I need parts for an old aquabee, which seems like a near impossible task these days if I've been reading threads correctly.[QUOTE]

Man it was tough to get the grommets for the aquabee pump if that's what you need. They (Marvin & Friends) sent me a couple but it was the wrong size. I got rid of the skimmer just for that reason; Otherwise, a good skimmer.

lark
12/18/2012, 03:59 PM
Man it was tough to get the grommets for the aquabee pump if that's what you need. They (Marvin & Friends) sent me a couple but it was the wrong size. I got rid of the skimmer just for that reason; Otherwise, a good skimmer.

Yeah, that's what I need. I have a pre-2007 aquabee in my MCE600, and it's starting to rumble something fierce. The grommets aren't tight in their holes, so I think they are worn down, so I'm hoping I can swap them out and maybe quiet the thing down. I think they must be the original grommets, because everything I see on line shows red grommets -- mine are black, so I think it's a very old pump.

If that doesn't work, I'm looking at a $100 impeller, I think. But all that assumes that I can even get this stuff.

I understand that reef and aquarium companies come and go and that we're all somewhat at risk when we buy equipment from smaller companies that the company will disappear. But Deltec is a big company, and their products are still marketed by some of the big reef players, like marinedepot. Yet, everything I read on these boards and elsewhere indicate that chasing down parts and service is a real chore and has been for years. It's not like you can find anyone to sell you an aquabee pump either. If the USA distributors don't pick up the phone or return e-mail, it seems like you're just stuck with a $600 skimmer that's extremely fancy looking but doesn't do you much good.

moondoggy4
12/18/2012, 06:07 PM
Who's number is that?

No that is not my 866 number LOL That is Marvin's number from Deltec I just ordered some parts from him last week for my Deltec nitrate reactor.

moondoggy4
12/19/2012, 01:02 AM
Sorry its been a long time since those weird phone numbers were out and i remembered wrong, I think it was a 976 number.