PDA

View Full Version : New clown and nem!

GratefulReef
10/26/2012, 05:05 PM
Picked these up today, sebae was hosting the clown in the store so I figured it was already a good match and picked both up. After acclimating I put the nem in first giving him a nice spot away from my other 2 nems(mini maxi carpet, condy) They are all a good distance from each other and have never had issues between the condy and carpet over the last year Ive had them so expect no issues with the sebae. The clown went right to my big toadstool though and seems content staying with that. Heres a few pics.

GratefulReef
10/26/2012, 07:51 PM
so lights out, and the clown is now in the sebae since the toady retracted like usual. pretty pumped seems like he'll be going back and forth and he and the nem both look very comfortable in their new home.

Rippinfrags
10/26/2012, 09:15 PM
Just a heads up, your sebae/h. Crispa appears to be in rough shape. You will need to keep your water parameters stable and feed him small amounts of meaty fish food to help him recover.

GratefulReef
10/26/2012, 09:23 PM
Yea, I knew he was kinda bleached looking like I said came from a national pet store so it was sort of a rescue effort too. Have always wanted a sebae and they were already hosting together so figured it was worth it. I have some good coral food, and my water params are great.Sal .026 ph8.0 am0 nitri0 nitra 10ppm and dkh was 8.7 last I checked. Tomorrow is actually a normal feeding day for the tank, and I plan on feeding as normal just a little bit lighter, but attempting direct feeding of the sebae he is very settled where he is, so time will tell I guess. I feed my other nems 1 or 2 times a week chopped meaty food, shrimp, squid etc should I feed the sebae the same? Have a good thriving pod population as well.

Rippinfrags
10/26/2012, 09:27 PM
Yea, I knew he was kinda bleached looking like I said came from a national pet store so it was sort of a rescue effort too. Have always wanted a sebae and they were already hosting together so figured it was worth it. I have some good coral food, and my water params are great.Sal .026 ph8.0 am0 nitri0 nitra 10ppm and dkh was 8.7 last I checked. Tomorrow is actually a normal feeding day for the tank, and I plan on feeding as normal just a little bit lighter, but attempting direct feeding of the sebae he is very settled where he is, so time will tell I guess. I feed my other nems 1 or 2 times a week chopped meaty food, shrimp, squid etc should I feed the sebae the same? Have a good thriving pod population as well.

Yup feed the sebae the same thing. It looks like you know what you are doing, so good luck!
Ps. What size tank do you have?

GratefulReef
10/26/2012, 09:53 PM
Thanks man! Always nice to hear words of encouragement, really think this will turn into a beauty when hes 100% and the tank is a 75g lighting is 4x54 t5ho solarmax from deep blue

Rippinfrags
10/27/2012, 08:10 AM
Thanks man! Always nice to hear words of encouragement, really think this will turn into a beauty when hes 100% and the tank is a 75g lighting is 4x54 t5ho solarmax from deep blue

Perfect, as you might know h. Crispa's get to be quite large! Keep us posted...

GratefulReef
10/27/2012, 08:28 AM
Def, the clown slept in the nem all night it was so darn cute. Today I will attempt feeding the nem, hopefully the tentacles are sticky and he eats readily that would be very nice and give me alot of hope for the future of this nem. Any other special info on sebaes is more than welcome, and if it gets too big i might have to split it =)

Rippinfrags
10/27/2012, 02:20 PM
H. Crispa's do not asexually reproduce, so do not try and split it. You will kill it. You might need to remove your clownfish to help your anemone recover. Sometimes clownfish can smother there anemone.

GratefulReef
10/27/2012, 02:56 PM
Update on the nem and clown! They are both doing great, the clown has been loving then nem since last night at lights out, tho hes not smothering I will keep my eye on it. I fed the nem this morning, he readily accepted shrimp and had sticky tentacles. Heres a vid of the clown and nem too large to attach so I put it on youtube http://youtu.be/nkoXuFeLULM

GratefulReef
10/28/2012, 01:07 PM
The sebae moved a little, but not too much just getting better position for flow and lighting his disc under the tentacles is showing some light purple tinting to it today and tentacles are getting more inflated and longer! Really excited if you cant tell

tyler22
10/28/2012, 01:18 PM
good to hear it is doing better! I hope you like your clarkii clown, mine even goes out of his way to feed the anemones that host him its awesome!

GratefulReef
10/28/2012, 03:16 PM
Thats what Im hoping for, I target fed the nem the first time to make sure he would eat next time I will see if the clown helps out! I know its still an uphill battle but I am doing everything in my power to help this nem survive and thrive.

sparky45
10/30/2012, 11:49 AM
Best of luck getting you're new nem back to health. Our lfs around where I live only gets bleached nems in. most of them don't make it longer then a few Weeks. Its sad but that's how they get shipped to them.