PDA

View Full Version : Renew shut off, won't reset

Kenfuzed
10/27/2012, 10:51 PM
This morning I kicked off my weekly water change, set the Renew for a 20 gallon change. All was fine until I walked back into my fish room about 20 minutes later and the renew was off. The only light on was the red power switch. I tried turning it off, unplugging, switching to a new outlet, all without any change. All of the lights and digital readout are dark and no matter what I push the Renew will not turn on or show any indicators other than the red power switch.

Does the Renew have a reset or circuit breaker? I doubt it was effected by any surge since it was plugged into the same surge protected power strip as my Storm ATO device and a small refugium light all of which are fine.

GenesisReefSys
10/28/2012, 12:36 AM
Hi Kenfuzed,

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with your RENEW. It does indeed have a circuit breaker, but this is not normal behavior. I'll be in contact with you via email so that we can get this resolved.

Thanks,
Kevin

quan325i
11/10/2012, 01:44 AM
I'm having similar issue with my setup as well but in my case, all the light and digital readout are stuck without changing. The sensors indicators lights for the sump and reservoir show low and high simultaneously. I tried to reset it by switch it off and on, as well as unplug the whole unnit without any success. Have anyone seen this?

QN

GenesisReefSys
11/10/2012, 03:43 AM
The sensors indicators lights for the sump and reservoir show low and high simultaneously. I tried to reset it by switch it off and on, as well as unplug the whole unnit without any success.

QN

Hi QN,

It sounds like a metering reservoir cable has become unplugged from the control module. It may have been partially plugged in and then over time backed itself out just enough to break connection. Try reseating the cables and then see if the problem is resolved.

That should fix it, but if it doesn't please send us an email at [email protected] com, including an image or short video if possible. That will help us get you up and running again as quickly as possible.

quan325i
11/12/2012, 02:55 PM
You were right. I reconnect the sensor cables and everything seems to be back to normal now. Thanks for the prompt response.

QN

GenesisReefSys
11/12/2012, 04:33 PM
Great to hear, QN! Have a good evening.