PDA

View Full Version : APEX JR - flood shutoff

uclajay
10/29/2012, 12:11 PM
someone has offered to sell me an apex jr at a great price. Although I like the idea of controlling things remotely, I really much more interested in trying to use it to prevent flooding should something go wrong with my system. What is the best (most cost effective) way to hookup sensors to prevent flooding (or at the least mitigate damages) in the event the overflow clogs, ato float valve fails, return pump gets clogged, etc...

I've read a few things about hooking up a breakout box to some waterbug sensors. I've seen a few old posts about buying relays and setting up foil tape around the base of the tank to sense water leaks. Although I'd like to think of myself of somewhat technical- I'd rather not go the relay/soldering/re-wiring route... what are the best plug and play options out there that play nice with the apex jr? I'd like to hookup (at a minimum) a float sensor in my dt, float sensor in my sump, and a water sensor just outside of my sump and/or stand...

sometimes my front lawn's water sprinklers turn on in the middle of the night and i wake up thinking my return line from the sump just broke off and my tank is living room is flooding... i need some piece of mind...

Landsailor
10/29/2012, 03:17 PM
Get it, then add a PM-1 for $75 so you have the Inputs. The Jr. doesn't have the I/O connector.

They are also releasing a Flood Detector module, but I haven't seen anything on pricing/availability.