PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Algae X Safety for Ritteri

M Woodhill
10/29/2012, 10:48 PM
Ah me again, still fighting against dino's.

I'm gonna give a shot to Fauna's Ultra Algae X, which some say really works.

The instruction says the new formula works fine with anemone but I still wanna hear some second opinions

garygb
10/30/2012, 10:35 PM
No experience with that product, so I can't say from experience. I personally would try nutrient reduction via activated carbon, skimming, water changes, reduced feeding, you name it, before I would put a chemical like that in with a ritteri.

OrionN
10/31/2012, 06:06 AM
Dino are not algae. Zooxathellae are Dino. Anything chemical that aim to kill Dino and successfully does this will most likely also harm corals, clams and anemone by also killing the zooxanthellae

M Woodhill
10/31/2012, 08:48 AM
Dino are not algae. Zooxathellae are Dino. Anything chemical that aim to kill Dino and successfully does this will most likely also harm corals, clams and anemone by also killing the zooxanthellae

Guess this is the last shot, as long as it's harmful as potentially as blackout.

M Woodhill
10/31/2012, 08:51 AM
No experience with that product, so I can't say from experience. I personally would try nutrient reduction via activated carbon, skimming, water changes, reduced feeding, you name it, before I would put a chemical like that in with a ritteri.

I run carbon, gfo and ro/di water tds 0.

phos test kit 0.

water change only make dino worse, a lot of people say and to my knowledge, it is. fresh saltwater boosts dino growth.

H2O2 helps a lil but not very effective.

LesMartin
11/03/2012, 02:02 PM
Yes your ritteri will be ok. I recently used Algae X on my tank for bubble algae and all of my anemones were fine (S.haddoni, H.magnifica, H.malu)

MHG
11/03/2012, 02:10 PM
I kicked my Dino with chemi clean and no issues with my nem... That took it away about 90% . Then I started zeovit coral snow and microbacter7. That took it another 8 %. Now bioclean (Biodigest and bioptim) is eating away the brown patches.... Ntank is looking better every day...