PDA

View Full Version : Power still out from Hurricane Sandy

Bnortz
11/01/2012, 05:32 PM
Hey Guys, I live in Cleveland, Ohio I have not had power for three days now. I have a 60gallon mixed reef with two clowns, a melenarus wrasse, a pearly jawfish, a cleaner shrimp, and a mix of sps and lps corals. It went out around 10pm on Monday. Tuesday night i bought a 150w car inverter and have been running two 1050gph koralias and a 50w heater. The tank is covered with towels and blankets to trap heat. Occasionaly i unplugged the pumps and heater and plugged in a 150w heater. I have not been runnning everything constant as my parents need the car for work. the tank as stayed between 70-73 degrees farenhit. I have a small HOB filter thats 6w that i could run. Right now i am not home and the tank is not being run on anything. It may be a few more days before power turns on for me, but it could be soon. Tomorrow i will not be able to use the inverter until 3pm. I am very worried about my tank and need any help and suggestions at this point.

nivram
11/01/2012, 06:21 PM
Do you have access to any battery powered air pumps? Think bait aerator.

laugh
11/01/2012, 06:58 PM
If you have a way to get your livestock to Solon before 11 tonight I can put it in my sump until you get your power back on. I live in Cuyahoga Falls and work second shift in Solon. Or if you can find a cheap tank or large rubbermaid I can set that up in my basement, that way there will be no worries of getting ich or something from each other. Not that I have ever had it in my tank but you never know.

Bnortz
11/02/2012, 07:00 AM
The tank is now at 69.3 with a hot water bottle in the tank. I'm trying to get a car ASAP because I don't have one right now to run the car inverter. Any help is appreciated.

blazzing_ray
11/02/2012, 07:14 AM
If you have the inverter I can come by let you run of my SUV for a hour or 2 to get your temp up

Ryand63
11/02/2012, 09:33 AM
I nkow walmart has some battery powered air pumps (better than nothing)

laugh
11/02/2012, 10:18 AM
Offer stands tonight as well. If you can get your livestock into a rubbermaid tub and bring it to my work I can bring it in and plug it in there until I go home then into my basement until you get power back.

Bnortz
11/02/2012, 03:16 PM
Got everything under control, thanks everyone for the offers

laugh
11/02/2012, 03:28 PM
Good luck.