PDA

View Full Version : Need help with calcium reactor and SPS

xxxduke62xxx
11/04/2012, 09:25 PM
Ive been running my calcium reactor MTC mini cal for awhile with little problems until i introduced kalk to my top off water. I am not adding the kalk right to my top off container but instead mixing it in a 5 gallon container,mixing it,putting to top on and waiting 24 hours. I then syphon out 4 gallons of water and add it to my 5 gallon top off container. the reason why i dont add the kalk straight to my top off container is because i do not want the paste to gunk up and clog my aqua lifter. Since i started doing this my alk has dropped and im having a hard time keeping my alk above 7. The PH coming out of my of my reactor and into the effluent cup is now 6.48 to 6.40 and i am counting 2 bubbles a second now instead of 1 bubble per second. Before this my reactor was keeping my alk at around 8 to 8.5 and the ph coming out of the reactor was around 6.80 to 6.90. I do have alot of SPS in my 92 corner and i know they are growing but i find it a little coincidental that im having this problem since using kalk water. Im dripping the calcium reactor water as well now i cant do a small stream. Anyone have any ideas whats going on. Should i invest in a bigger reactor or am i doing the kalk wrong?

bogg
11/04/2012, 09:57 PM
So stop the Kalk or get a larger reactor?
I run a aqua euro 400 on my 120 works amazing