PDA

View Full Version : Help ID clown illness please

jscarlata
11/06/2012, 10:38 PM
I live in NY, Long Island actually, and last week due to the storm, my tank was dark, i had no heat and no power for 7 days. I kept it alive by running 1 tunze and an air pump from my car and kept it semi warm by heating water on the stove. It's comin back now and i luckily didn't lose anything major. 1 or 2 sps, etc, but, my female or large Picasso doesn't look well. I'm. Not sure what it is or what to do, please help...

Her face is all pushed in, above.
But the real trouble is on her underside, it's some kind of ulcer. It was white before now it's more hole like.

Bad pic, see the bump?

Shoot, honestly inthought these were better, I prob need more pics.
It originally looked like a white slime, then it looked like a hole or pockmark ill get l
More pics

Lee_is_007
11/07/2012, 01:49 AM
I wish I could help. Maybe the ulcer is a bacterial infection? I just wanted to say how cool it was of you to keep your fish and corals alive during a time of crisis. I'm also very sorry you had to deal with hurricane Sandy as well. I wish you and your fish/ the best :)

ernieq
11/07/2012, 12:46 PM
+1 bacterial infection. 7 Days is a very long time for unstable water conditions and the decaying stuff that died probably created some sort of bacterial bloom. If you have a UV sterlizer you could use that to kill off excess bacteria. I would pull out your clown and treat in a hospital tank with some sort of general antibiotic like Metronidazole. I would also do at least a 30% water change.

jscarlata
11/07/2012, 05:22 PM
Thanks...I know it was a long time...believe me...
will the stress of being taken from the main tank just make it worse?
I have a 30g and 10g tank I could use to treat it, and I have that medication...

ernieq
11/09/2012, 07:04 PM
I think the alternative is worse. Just make sure you provide him with hiding places, like a PVC elbow, or a flowerpot.

godsdoc
11/09/2012, 11:46 PM
Your best chance would be to put her in a qt/hospital tank and observe and treat her as needed. Good Luck

jscarlata
11/14/2012, 01:19 PM
so far the fish is healing on its own. the white slime is gone, and the ulcer has subsided, there is a small mark still there, but her activity has resumed normal as well as her apetite. since the storm i have not had time to get a hospital tank going, other things around the house had to take priority. ive been watching her daily and she has gotten much better since the orginal post. my nem hasnt looked this good since BEFORE the blackout...i'll grab a pic tonight...