PDA

View Full Version : Break out boxes

MBVette
11/07/2012, 06:02 AM
I need to pickup a breakout box since I will be running multiple switches. Are there any boxes I can buy (I cant build one) That uses the serial ports instead of the bare wires?

I already picked up a few switches before I realizd there is only one serial port on the unit. Or should I just cut off the serial port and strip the wires?

swearint
11/07/2012, 07:22 AM
The Neptune breakout box has a Mini-Din connector that plugs into the I/O port on the base unit or expansion module. The screw terminals are intended to accept bare wire leads from various types of dry contact switches. So if you have float switches that have a plug on them, then you could cut it off and strip back the wires. If you don't want to alter the floats, then you could possibly find mating connectors (perhaps at Radio Shack) and attach your own wire leads. In otherwords, you would be making several adapters.

Todd

aquamanic
11/07/2012, 07:22 AM
The only breakout box you can buy is from Neptune and it uses screw connectors to hold down bare wire. I'd just strip your wires and use the Neptune BoB.