PDA

View Full Version : just picked these two up a few days ago..

greg1786
11/07/2012, 02:54 PM
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u450/greg1786/2012-11-03020722.jpg http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u450/greg1786/2012-11-03020651.jpg hey guys, anybody have an opinion on whether these are Florida rics or yuma?? the one w the single mouth is 1/2" and the one with two mouths is 3/4". sry about crappy cell pic

Posted from ReefCentral.com App for Android

Green_fishy
11/07/2012, 03:18 PM
Hi, both floridas, IMO :)

nano12greef
11/07/2012, 08:48 PM
The top one looks like a Yuma from the large mouth. Has it spread out yet? Sometimes they can be hard to tell when they are not expanded yet.

greg1786
11/08/2012, 04:20 PM
The top one looks like a Yuma from the large mouth. Has it spread out yet? Sometimes they can be hard to tell when they are not expanded yet.

yes they have spread out. actually a few times because I haven't glued them down and my urchin has knocked the rock rubble they are on face down in the sand three times. and every time they fully open they get that enlarged mouth which was why I was having a hard time identifying them. when they aren't spread out the mouth is small

organism
11/08/2012, 08:43 PM
Those are both for sure Florida rics, yumas have tentacles on the oral disc. Very nice by the way!

greg1786
11/08/2012, 09:48 PM
Those are both for sure Florida rics, yumas have tentacles on the oral disc. Very nice by the way!

k cool...thanks btw I love them they are my first rics, mushrooms of any kind for that matter. I really would love to make a ricordea garden on this nice flat rock that I have in the corner of my tank in sandbed. I live in Baltimore md and a really great lfs just opened about a month and half ago and the owner knows Jason fox really well so he gets corals from him and that's where I got these. he said that guy has a lot of really cool ricordeas so as long as these do well I'm going to go back and hopefully get more with a nice variety of colors I'm really stoked!!!

Das awesome
11/09/2012, 01:44 AM
k cool...thanks btw I love them they are my first rics, mushrooms of any kind for that matter. I really would love to make a ricordea garden on this nice flat rock that I have in the corner of my tank in sandbed. I live in Baltimore md and a really great lfs just opened about a month and half ago and the owner knows Jason fox really well so he gets corals from him and that's where I got these. he said that guy has a lot of really cool ricordeas so as long as these do well I'm going to go back and hopefully get more with a nice variety of colors I'm really stoked!!!

You'll be building that ric garden extremely quickly! They are so addicting, you'll want every color possible and multiples if each as well.