PDA

View Full Version : AI wireless adapter

dirk_brijs
11/08/2012, 08:34 PM
anyone any idea on when those wireless adapters coming out?
They could be hooked up to the SOL blue modules to make them wireless right?

DesktopReefer
11/08/2012, 09:47 PM
It is compatible with the SOLs to make them wireless. No idea on the release date or price. Trying to find that out also.

dirk_brijs
11/17/2012, 06:18 PM
anyone an idea if they are available yet?

dirk_brijs
12/06/2012, 05:01 AM
anyone?

jkaz0442
12/07/2012, 08:14 AM
Spoke with AI two days ago and they said not until after the first of the year. No date was set.

JKaz

dirk_brijs
12/08/2012, 07:55 PM
strange as they have it full on their website already?
would be nice to have to have though love my SOL Blues but would love them even more without all those wires.

Cleancoupe
12/08/2012, 11:06 PM
Not sure what the big deal is about wireless anyway....your only eliminating the wire from light to light.

dirk_brijs
12/16/2012, 05:51 PM
Not sure what the big deal is about wireless anyway....your only eliminating the wire from light to light.

and the wire from the controller to the units.
this only leaves the power cords which means over 75% of the wires is gone.

bolling
12/16/2012, 06:21 PM
anyone any idea on when those wireless adapters coming out?
They could be hooked up to the SOL blue modules to make them wireless right?

Be careful what you ask for. I have the sol and the vega and I would rather have it wired. With the sol you had a twelve foot wire to sit on the couch and set it up. I just got the vega and the controller has to be wired to a charging device and if you unplug it to move it I lose all the programming plus it does not recognize which light you had to hook it to. You have to connect to the unit each time meaning you have to go to the light push the red button untill it flashes and then go back to the controller and have it recognize the vega again. I have ask in another thread if this is normal with no replies. You can unplug the old controller for days and when you power it back up it remember all your previous settings. It is very frustrating. I also was lucky to get one of the bad charging modules which really made the remote crazy to operate. I used my cell phone charger to power it up and it works better but still will not remember anything if unplugged. I love the way the light works and how the controller works when working properly but if I have to program it every time I move it I will go crazy. I had it plugged into my computer and it worked OK but when my computer went to sleep it powered off and forgot all my manual settings. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

bcallahan
12/16/2012, 06:45 PM
I think I would ask for a new controller.

I have two Vegas and a wireless controller. My controller does not forget my settings if unplugged. I do not need to re-press the red buttons to re-establish the connection between my Vegas and the controller when I unplug either the controller or my lights.

It took all of 5-10 minutes to program my lights, including lunar phase, testing, etc. I didn't even do the firmware update.

chefzif
03/08/2013, 08:42 PM
You have a bad controller it shoul hold the memory of your settings!

dirk_brijs
05/03/2013, 05:20 AM
anyone more news on these by now?

ebacon
01/25/2014, 09:16 AM
Apex (nuff said). By the way I made the beta!