PDA

View Full Version : Avast Marine ATO sensor

artkwan
11/10/2012, 11:56 AM
Hi all -

I just purchased and recieved an Avast Marine ATO sensor to pair with a pump for my top off.

The version I got is supossed to plug straight into the Aquacontroller in the IO socket.

What do I do from there, and how do I start the programming?

I would like to have it set so that if the water level drops, it will signal the Apex to turn on the ATO pump that has been plugged into one of the outlets on the EB8.

Thanks,

Art

aquamanic
11/10/2012, 12:15 PM
Didn't they send you an instruction manual with this?

There's the program sample right in the manual. Program it in advanced mode for the outlet that runs your top off pump.

artkwan
11/11/2012, 01:15 PM
Didn't they send you an instruction manual with this?

There's the program sample right in the manual. Program it in advanced mode for the outlet that runs your top off pump.

I am probably using it wrong. I have the sump level set where I want it. Placed the aasmblly so that the end of the bottom of the tube is just a bit below the surface of the water level.

Plugged it into the IO port on the Apex, and programmed the outlet to which the Aqualifter is plugged into, with the following instructions:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON

An hour later I saw that the sump level had started rising past the whole setup, meaning a good 2 gallons had been doposited. I had to leave my office late last night, so I just manually unplugged the Aqualifter pump from the outlet for now until I can get to it tomorrow. When I checked the outlet on the display, it says that the status is "off", but it was obvious that the water was still being pumped into the sump. Wierd.

aquamanic
11/11/2012, 01:18 PM
Test and make sure the Avast is really switch 1. They tell you how to blow into the tube in the instructions. You should see switch 1 open and close. Or, modify your SndAlm outlet with this program.

Set OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON

Then you should hear the tone if it closes when you blow into the tube. If that doesn't work, try switch2, 3, etc.

RussM
11/11/2012, 01:36 PM
You need to use EB8 outlet 4 or 8 I believe

LouH
11/11/2012, 11:21 PM
I have one and it works fine. Program it just like you would a float switch.

On an EB8, you should use outlets 4 & 8 to ensure reliable power switching.