PDA

View Full Version : crap! p04 @ 0! what to do!

bobssecrtsn
11/11/2012, 12:58 AM
Hey guys, so i know this should be a good thing but i believe im starving my SPS...

I'm testing p04 with Hanna checker and it reads 0.00 for 2 days now and today was the first day im feeding ( spot feeding Lps and leave some suspended in the water culumn for my Sps. )

i WAS having algae issues thats why i was dropping p04 slowly for 3-4 weeks and the algae is going away at a fast pace.

should i feed everyday to keep color on my colors? i might be feeding the algae right?....

you should know my tank info,
60g 6bulb t5 ATI bulbs, i currently have a fuge filled with Cheato(doubled in size when i got it) i was running it 24/7 before and now i have it on reverse schedule, i have GFO w/ TLF Reactor, and im dosing Vodka, im at .3ml im on my 7th day

Also this is my Theory, Cut my Vodka dose in half (.15ml) Feed daily until i see my p04 at .02? and if i see it climbing ill be upping the dose .1 per week till i see a decrease then keep that pace. i know im early in the stages of Vodka dosing but i dont want to stop Dosing i feel that something might go wrong. give me some input guys!

Oh yeah totally forgot, i do use RoDi water, and my current stockings are 3 fishes , 2 clowns and 1 wrasse. very low bioload.

hollister
11/11/2012, 01:07 AM
Well phosphates main source is tap water . Returning to rodi water first step. Do you have any fish , they help feed the coral. Also if you spot feed a coral and he never takes bait then stop. Maybe some filter feeder food once a week.

bobssecrtsn
11/11/2012, 01:11 AM
Oh yeah totally forgot, i do use RoDi water, and my current stockings are 3 fishes , 2 clowns and 1 wrasse. very low bioload.

bobssecrtsn
11/11/2012, 01:14 AM
Well phosphates main source is tap water . Returning to rodi water first step. Do you have any fish , they help feed the coral. Also if you spot feed a coral and he never takes bait then stop. Maybe some filter feeder food once a week.

no no I've been spot feeding before, but decided to stop because of algae outbreak. i also started to run a refuge and vodka and now the algae is disappearing. and po4 is at 0.

also TDS reads .01 ppm. im thinking this shouldnt be a real issues until it raises to about .10 or .05.

to rephrase it, i want phosphate in my system! but only .02 of it!

JMLewis
11/11/2012, 01:32 AM
IME coral only seem to be "starving" when nitrates are at 0.0. Low po4 has never caused me any trouble.

Mekanic
11/11/2012, 08:13 AM
IME coral only seem to be "starving" when nitrates are at 0.0. Low po4 has never caused me any trouble.

Same, and I feed the crap out of my corals haha.

bertoni
11/13/2012, 12:43 AM
Our measurement equipment is not precise or accurate enough to tell us when the phosphate level is too low for corals, so I wouldn't worry. Watching the animals is far more useful at this point.