PDA

View Full Version : Oh NO! OVERFLOW! (help tweaking program)

Eman79
11/14/2012, 12:26 PM
So recently, my ATO dumped 5 gal of H20 on the floor. Apparently my overflow stopped, clogged, something (Undetermined as of yet :headwally: ). This lowered the water level in the sump, triggering the ATO, which filled the sump and subsequently overflowed the TANK. I have high water level protection on the sump (ok, actually it's broken right now) but not on the Tank. My solution to prevent this from occurring again is to limit the time that the ATO can run. I have an "ATO_FAIL" Outlet, that is tied to a float switch on the bottom of my ATO water to prevent the ATO from running if it is empty. I've updated it as follows and would just like to run it past some other eyes to make sure that I've coded it correctly.

Also, anyone know of a good water on floor sensor (or DIY) for the Apex?

ATO:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Outlet SUMP_LOW = ON Then ON
Min Time 003:00 Then ON
If Outlet SUMP_HIGH = ON Then OFF
If Outlet ATO_FAIL = ON Then OFF
Min Time 240:00 Then OFF

ATO_FAIL:

Set OFF
If Switchx3_6 CLOSED Then ON
If Outlet ATO = ON then ON
Defer 000:10 then ON* ----> I know this applies to both statements, but the first statement is not that time critical.

My goal is to "Fail" the ATO if it runs for >10 minutes. By my testing, the float switch is reset after only :45 seconds, and I have the ATO set to run for a minimum of 3 minutes in order to reduce the frequency at which it operates.

Thanks!

aquamanic
11/14/2012, 01:12 PM
Neptune is about to release a water sensor module which will manage up to 4 sensors.

For an ATO run-time timer, you can use this code and a virtual outlet:

[ATO_timer]
Set OFF
If Outlet Aqualifter = ON Then ON
Defer 030:00 Then ON

Aqualifter is my ATO pump outlet. If the ATO runs more than 30 minutes, the ATO_timer outlet goes to ON. As soon as that happens I get an email. You could shut down pumps, etc.

Cbechdel
11/14/2012, 01:24 PM
Neptune is about to release a water sensor module which will manage up to 4 sensors.

Is there any word as to how soon this is coming?...i've been delaying installing water sensors awaiting this instead...

RussM
11/14/2012, 02:17 PM
I don't know for sure but I suspect it will start shipping at the time the 4.20 firmware becomes a non-beta general release.

Xcali1985
11/14/2012, 04:15 PM
You could always add a high water sensor into the tank. If im not mistaken autotopoff.com sales them pretty cheaply.

Eman79
11/14/2012, 05:08 PM
I may install a level sensor in the tank, but I think ensuring that the ato doesn't continuously run is a good idea also.

Is the new water sensor from Neptune a separate module or does it plug into the BOB?

insomniac2k2
11/14/2012, 07:50 PM
I run a virtual outlet that limits the time that I allow my aqualifter to run. So even If my return gets backed up, It would take me about 2 days to overflow my sump. I allow for about 20% extra water to be pumped in that my total evaporation rate. I also have a second float for high water.

This coupled with multiple waterbug sensors on the floor, I generally feel pretty protected.

[ATO_ALLOW]
Set OFF
OSC 000:00/002:00/013:00 Then ON
If Switch2 CLOSED Then OFF
If Outlet RTN = OFF Then OFF
If Switch6 CLOSED Then OFF

[ATO]
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON
If Outlet ATO_ALLOW = OFF Then OFF