PDA

View Full Version : Odd behavior: ATO via Bix

kweckstrom
11/16/2012, 09:24 AM
Hello everyone,

I have a new breakout box I received yesterday. It seems to be functioning just fine with a couple of float switches I purchased on Amazon. I'm basically replacing the ATO unit (JBJ) I was using in favor of being able to get a message when my ATO resevoir empties.

I set it up last night but am seeing some strange behavior I didn't expect. First, the code for my Water lifter outlet:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If FeedA 005 Then OFF
If Switch1 OPEN Then OFF
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON
If Switch2 CLOSED Then OFF

Now, I confirmed that Switch1 and Switch2 behave as expected when I manually move them to the open/close position. Last night I intentionally left only a modest amount in my resevoir to see how it would behave.

The sump float (switch1) triggered closing of the circuit which turned on my water lifter as expected. The pump filled the sump beyond the level of switch1 and eventually ran out, tripping switch2 (my resevoir float), which was supposed to turn off my water lifter.

But it didn't.

This morning the apex screen read that the switch was "Off", but the pump was still running.

I unplugged the pump and plugged it back into the outlet - it stopped, and DID NOT come back on.

What's going on here? Anyone know?

RussM
11/16/2012, 10:26 AM
It looks like your aqualifter is on outlet 4_7; it needs to be on a relay-switched outlet (4 or 8) on one of your EB8s.

kweckstrom
11/16/2012, 10:27 AM
I'll give that a shot, thanks!