PDA

View Full Version : Prazi necessary?

fishmanstan
11/17/2012, 08:01 PM
I have 2 small (1.5") m.bipartus leopards waiting for me to pick up, and I was wondering if prazi treatment was necessary. They will be going into my 120g with a yellow tang, 2 BW clowns, dusky jaw,2 bangaiis and 4 chromis.
Would the 4 oz prazi be enough? Also, why is it your carbon and skimmer need to be deactivated while treating.?would the carbon and skimmer remove the prazi?
Thanks.

sasharotty
11/17/2012, 08:17 PM
So no QT period? Id be worried about ick intro especially with tangs. But yes carbon will remove the medication.

fishmanstan
11/17/2012, 08:57 PM
The YT is fat and healthy and have had him for 5-6 months and he is very peaceful.

Other thoughts?

fishmanstan
11/17/2012, 08:57 PM
The YT is fat and healthy and have had him for 5-6 months and he is very peaceful.

Other thoughts?

fishmanstan
11/17/2012, 08:58 PM
Sorry for double post. Also, I read in the "Leopard Wrasse Primer" thread QT was a no-no.

alprazo
11/17/2012, 10:04 PM
I would totally disagree. QT is necessary with all fish. With a leopard wrasse however I would not treat with copper or prazi right away. A tank unto itself would be the best thing. No competition, needs lots of live rock and sand. Let is stay there for several months until it is eating frozen food and has shown no sign of disease in a closed system. The only problem is that you cannot not say the fish is ich free without treating with either copper, TT or CP/Quinine. Monogenia are more of a chronic problem IMO and you can always add prazi if needed once the fish has adjusted to captivity.

Good luck.

snorvich
11/18/2012, 05:58 AM
I agree with alprazo