PDA

View Full Version : new agressive reef tank

steve nuguy
11/20/2012, 10:16 PM
I am getting back on the horse. I was planing a 400 gal fish less reef with 5 foot front....so I priced stuff out and re-though some things....I am going to set up a 300 gal 8 foot aggressive reef downstairs with 4X54 watt T-5s, 100gal sump and 30 gal fuge. Will remain fish lish for a while...but the stock list is an Emperor Angle fish, Clown Tang, Niger Trigger,Radiata Lionfish, Harlequin tusk fish, and a pair of green serpents for the clean up crew...Anyone see any trouble in the stock list? I know the tang is very susceptible to ick, and the lion is hard to feed a healthy diet. and there will be an order that I will follow into introducing the fish.

it is a 300 gal and it is going to be a peninsula rockscaping probably stagger the lighting too

for the corals list I am thinking of

toadstool leather
other type of leather simailar to toadstool
yellow fiji leather
cabbage leather
colt coral
pulsing xinias
paly polyps
blue mushrooms
tubastrea (orange and black)
birdsnest
monti caps
rose anemone
yuma mushrooms will keep in a cage..just incase fish get a taste that they like.
I am guessing all LPS are out of the list (let me know if I am wrong)

looking for SPS that are easy to keep grow fast, and can deal with the the lack of lighting of 4 bulbs.

snails and shrimp are off the table

let me know on what direction to shoot for SPS.

Thanks

anbosu
11/21/2012, 10:05 AM
The angel and trigger are likely to pick on the lion. Other than that your list looks pretty good to me.

That size tank is borderline small for an adult clown tang based on what I've read, but I have never personally kept one.